• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

This could lead to big things for this :gossip:

I believe the foc, for the c2e2 variant (PX?), is Monday the 30th. I think I will add 5 to my order...

I wouldn't put too much stock in a PX variant. They typically don't do too much value wise.

I wouldn't be either. This series is being heavily specced on as it is already m Marvel is making a push for the charts with overships and like 7 different variants of their own on top of offering store exclusives. Its not like this is going under the radar.

I've been quietly scooping variants featuring her from the last few years when I come across them in the wild for cheap. One of the nicer ones you can probably find in the wild for $5 or less (currently) is the Ultimates # 5 Putri Women of Power variant. I actually came across the Ultimates # 2 Jim Cheung 1:25 in a back issue bin at one of my honey holes for $3. I'm all-in on America Chavez but a bit leery of speccing on her # 1 issue.

Ultimates2_1_Deodato_Teaser_Variant-711x1080.jpg

I think this is the best if not one of the best covers for Ms. America. Its 1:10 so not the rarest but certainly not to be found in a dollar box. See like 2 or 3 on the bay atm so im bidding on one.

Oh...its actually a pretty good title also. Cool Galactus story line and features the 1st appearance of his "new transformation"

No spoilers. Check it out for yourself.

Love this cover, I got 3 copies myself and they are all in my pc lol. Yea it's a good issue and series in general.

Does anyone know which photo was referenced for the cover? I'm sure someone has already tracked it down.

:gossip: its not Greg Land.

Deodato is well known for referencing photos of actual people/celebrities. I just thought someone would know who the runner is he referenced.

Does anyone know which photo was referenced for the cover? I'm sure someone has already tracked it down.

Deodato is well known for referencing photos of actual people/celebrities. I just thought someone would know who the runner is he referenced.

Now why would you assume this was referenced from "a runner"? The build?

Im sorry but your statement to disrupt or discredit this or any of his art work to go against the grain of people liking the cover art and dipiction of America is baseless.

Do you know the reference? No

Do you know if there is one? No

Can you show the community examples of refferenced work? No

Im not being a ...im just pointing out a stupid comment to help you be more aware.

I mean you have the right and freedom to say as you wish but...who wants to sound stupid?

Edited by Juice Head

Im sorry but your statement to disrupt or discredit this or any of his art work to go against the grain of people liking the cover art and dipiction of America is baseless.

Im not being a ...im just pointing out a stupid comment to help you be more aware.

I mean you have the right and freedom to say as you wish but...who wants to sound stupid?

Who is discrediting the art? I asked a simple question, has someone figured out what photo was referenced for the cover? As to be a photo of a runner, that is the most obvious, since that is what it looks like she is doing... running.

As for Deodato referencing photos of people and celebrities, there are ample examples. Just do a Google search. Plenty of discussion about it as well.

But my intent was to find out what photo/who he referenced for the character. Nothing more, nothing less.

On 1/8/2017 at 2:57 PM, Revat said:

I'm pretty sure you're just describing mystique.

If she filed paperwork when she came to America, it's probably safe to assume it was faked.

She was working as a model.  Some of her photo spreads show a lot of skin.  I hear she married some really rich guy with yuuge hands.

On 1/31/2017 at 3:16 PM, Juice Head said:

A lot of artists work from photographs to get proportions right, how the body actually looks when its moving, etc.  There is no "discrediting" about that. Things that Rob Liefield should have tried.

1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

How did those New Mutants 98 True Believers end up doing?  Seems this would fall into the same rut.

w the only exceptions that NM98 was never reprinted as a single comic till then and that, well, NM98 is actually worth money

But that cover is cool tho

What in the world is going on with those Hulk #1 Ed McGuiness variants?  I remember when these were selling for $10-20 each.  Now people are paying $300+?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Hulk-1-Ed-McGuinness-Variants-500-Deadpool-1500-B-W-3000-Color-181-NR-/112285333375?hash=item1a24ba377f:g:W98AAOSwjDZYZtZB

12 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

How did those New Mutants 98 True Believers end up doing?  Seems this would fall into the same rut.

All of the True Believers use the same cover art. This is new cover art by a hot artist right now. Also, Spawn is not heavily ordered right now but there are still plenty of people who would want one of these for their collection.

Edited by ygogolak

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:44 PM, 90sChild said:

What in the world is going on with those Hulk #1 Ed McGuiness variants?  I remember when these were selling for $10-20 each.  Now people are paying $300+?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Hulk-1-Ed-McGuinness-Variants-500-Deadpool-1500-B-W-3000-Color-181-NR-/112285333375?hash=item1a24ba377f:g:W98AAOSwjDZYZtZB

Dunno, but thinking about parting with mine soon if these prices keep up. I like the book but I don't like it that much.

I bought some of the True Believers Star wars 1 for $1 each as they were great 9.8 candidates.

But reason I am posting is my speculation on Doom Patrol is being killed...where is Doom Patrol? Has Gerard Way bitten off more than he could chew? It looked like two issues were coming out soon but no issue 5 this week or next.