• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2015 at 3:11 PM, paul747 said:

inhuman #1 first lash,inferno

inhuman #4 first reader, ISo

inhumans #5 -naja

Getting closer to graduating these from 'pre-heat' to 'warming up'

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/05/charles-soules-inhumans-characters-will-appear-marvel-tv-show-abc-c2ccon2017/

Edited by Hekla

12 hours ago, Hekla said:

Getting closer to graduating these from 'pre-heat' to 'warming up'

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/05/charles-soules-inhumans-characters-will-appear-marvel-tv-show-abc-c2ccon2017/

I think #5 is only a cameo of Naja, no? She is on the cover of #6.

Also, Lash was already on Agents of SHIELD.

Edited by ygogolak

After today's Nightwing issue making Damian Regime canon I like Injustice Gods Among Us Year Five #7 (Chapter 14 in digital) as 1st Damian as Nightwing, deserves more than cover for a cool 1st that I've never seen in a LCS.

5108719-14.jpg

20 hours ago, Grahf said:

After today's Nightwing issue making Damian Regime canon I like Injustice Gods Among Us Year Five #7 (Chapter 14 in digital) as 1st Damian as Nightwing, deserves more than cover for a cool 1st that I've never seen in a LCS.

Not sure what you mean with Damien and Nightwing.

In general, my take on the best medium-to-long term spec right now:

1. Promo comics. Fast Food. Cereal box. Toy pack-ins. Why? Because they're harder to get in good condition and even many "normal" collectors trash them. Also, because you can get them at bargain prices in amazing condition in odd places. These often have reprints of desirable issues that can gain value over time. Many reprints are worthless but the key, IMHO, to a good reprint is one with good display value.

2. International editions. Geo-politics is crazy. Between talk about trade barriers with Mexico and EU strife, any of these books could be either hard to get imported into a U.S. market, more expensive to import, or impossible to find in the future. And, again, the market is far less well-documented and there are reprints of key issues that almost never get reprinted.

Take a look at those German Marvel reprints from '99. Marvel U.S. tends to put ugly black borders on its reprints or giant "not for resale" logos on them. The international offices for Marvel and DC are a lot more down with the idea of "counterfeiting" or at least maximizing the display value of reprints. And if you're going to slab it, the display value matters. Even that German Superman/Batman that isn't a replica of anything (aside from being taken from interior art) gets top dollar for being a "naked Supergirl" cover. Because foreign offices are more concerned with having a strong visual hook for reprints whereas the domestic publishers are a lot more obsessed with telegraphing that a reprint isn't an original.

And reprints, obscure variants, giveaways, etc. tend to be where the money is because they're what collectors miss the first time out and/or because they can be had cheaper before the market notices them.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Not sure what you mean with Damien and Nightwing.

In the newest issue of Nightwing, Grayson's tripping out and see's all the versions of Damian; Damian's first appearance in the shadows, Batman #666, Morrisons B&R Damian and Nightwing Damian from Injustice. Seems strange that an alternate reality of Damian as Batman get's it to a $20 book and Damian as Nightwing get's like a $5 and that's only cause the print is low.

Big part of it is if Damian's future is bad, he'll be taken to darkness and become Batman, if it's good he may take up Nightwing mantle.

Also the Injustice books are like 20k print runs at most, which weren't being bought by speculators.

Edited by Grahf

Just now, ygogolak said:

It's just an illusion though. He says "is this a dream or a nightmare". There is a first appearance though.

Ah but Batman #666 is an illusion altogether as it's a bad dream, Injustice is part of the Multiverse or whatever. Again may be nothing but thought it worthy of note as it is 1st Damian as Nightwing and I collect that type of stuff.

24 minutes ago, Grahf said:

Ah but Batman #666 is an illusion altogether as it's a bad dream, Injustice is part of the Multiverse or whatever. Again may be nothing but thought it worthy of note as it is 1st Damian as Nightwing and I collect that type of stuff.

It's a Batman from the future anyway.

Thunderbolts 1 1997 wouldn't be a bad book to pick up cheap currently. Jolt just return to the MU for the first time in years and it was nice to see Bagley do some artwork on it. There is even a 2nd print.

Never realized how much I missed that character till I saw her this week and to top it off she was done by Busiek and Bagley.

The Pro, the graphic novel created by Garth Ennis, Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner about a single-mother sex worker who wakes up one morning with superpowers and catches to attention of the Justice League-esque League of Honor, has been picked up by Paramount Pictures for a potential movie, being produced by Erwin Stoff and written by Zoe McCarthy.

On 3/23/2017 at 11:39 AM, g-man said:

The Pro, the graphic novel created by Garth Ennis, Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner about a single-mother sex worker who wakes up one morning with superpowers and catches to attention of the Justice League-esque League of Honor, has been picked up by Paramount Pictures for a potential movie, being produced by Erwin Stoff and written by Zoe McCarthy.

Too late on this one. Already above $100!