• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HARLEY'S LITTLE BLACK BOOK Polybag Variants

209 posts in this topic

I would hope that DC would add a thin piece of cardboard to the backs of the books to stop the sealer damage

You can hope in one hand....

On a better note, received my sets from Comic Kings, purchased on eBay. Sent me some beauties! Packaged great to boot.

5e785dab-b4f1-4da6-944a-2e723295862f_zpsh44g3ekm.jpg

I tried to look out for the guys on the boards,glad you got them and are happy. There are a lot of people that aren't. The Harley 23's today...best book so far but far from damage free...mainly the same problem with the upper staple like Harley's Black Book #1. Got in a reorder today of Batman 47's and Green Arrow 47's...all damaged. No more reorders for me...and cutting back on everything that was already ordered for future polybagged issues. This presale ordeal on these books is a big headache. Like the others said...a great program,but for guys that like nice quality condition books...90% of you were left out in the cold.

I tried to look out for the guys on the boards,glad you got them and are happy. There are a lot of people that aren't. The Harley 23's today...best book so far but far from damage free...mainly the same problem with the upper staple like Harley's Black Book #1. Got in a reorder today of Batman 47's and Green Arrow 47's...all damaged. No more reorders for me...and cutting back on everything that was already ordered for future polybagged issues. This presale ordeal on these books is a big headache. Like the others said...a great program,but for guys that like nice quality condition books...90% of you were left out in the cold.

As I posted in another thread, they're going to be doing the same exact thing with Batman #50 except this time the polybag variant covers will be done by Jim Lee.

I would hope that DC would add a thin piece of cardboard to the backs of the books to stop the sealer damage

On a better note, received my sets from Comic Kings, purchased on eBay. Sent me some beauties! Packaged great to boot.

What about the line down the back covers? Mine looked great from the front too

Mine is fairly good this week. Got the pencil sketch version. Staples are both good, has one good spine crease half way down. Otherwise it looks clean. One of the better copies I have seen from this event.

Edited by drotto

Got one of each and all clean, others on the stands were wrecked. Had to feel for the good ones. Also, wasn't the Jim Lee one supposed to come out this week?

Justice League I believe.

Scarcity of print run is not going to affect the value of these books, but messing up 80% of the print run sure may.

Wow, better than the four spine bends on mine at the LCS

Just buy the cover you want in NM on Ebay.

Problem solved and money saved.

Problem with this is that dealers on this thread have said they are having difficulties meeting pre-orders when they promised books in NM or higher condition. There are just not enough clean copies around. So I am not sure how much I would trust anyone selling these as near mint on eBay. I expect the definition of near mint is going to be closer to VF/NM- rather than the NM/NM+ they can usually find.

What about the line down the back covers? Mine looked great from the front too

I only checked my Batman. It looks like right of center there is a scratch line going down the book. Obviously a production defect, but risky sending it in for grading like that.

Got my Harleys from ComicKings today!

Absoloutly amazing! Packaging was really well done. Too!!!

These babies went straight into 4mil mylars and will be headed to CGC shortly.

The art is much better in person as well.

Can't thank ComicKings enough!

Thoroughly disappointed today. Finally opened a stack of Midtown boxes and got a LOT of books with major to minor spine tics from several different boxes and titles. It was NOT Midtown's fault. The books were perfectly packaged from them. The problem was with the polybags. It was a neat idea that was poorly executed.Won't be buying any more polybagged DC comics. Every book between an VF- to NM- with almost all being on the low end. First major problem in the several years I've purchased from them. They'd be doing themselves a favor to scrap this idea. 2c

Thoroughly disappointed today. Finally opened a stack of Midtown boxes and got a LOT of books with major to minor spine tics from several different boxes and titles. It was NOT Midtown's fault. The books were perfectly packaged from them. The problem was with the polybags. It was a neat idea that was poorly executed.Won't be buying any more polybagged DC comics. Every book between an VF- to NM- with almost all being on the low end. First major problem in the several years I've purchased from them. They'd be doing themselves a favor to scrap this idea. 2c

Bummer. I think i would do the same. I won't be buying polybagged and will just buy them slabbed already. Only incentive for me to buy the polybag is if there is a sketch / OA that was inserted.

I got the Justice league color variant (not my first choice, I have been liking the inked ones). Two weeks in a row the book is a 9.6 with a 9.8 chance. I lucked out. This one was very easy to feel however, the polybag was very very tightly sealed around the comic.

Sorry other have not been so lucky, but I have elected not to buy several after feeling the spine through the bag.

I just started buying these and have been lucky to get JLA and JUSTICE LEAGUE Color versions with no spine damage. Like a blind man in an orgy, I just had to feel my way through. I have no interest in owning the penciled or inked versions so I'm very happy with my two books.

Now I just have to hunt down the J Scott Campbell and Alex Ross color versions of the book.