• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HARLEY'S LITTLE BLACK BOOK Polybag Variants

209 posts in this topic

Guess what!!! Slabbing has no impact on the OA books. That Campbell one is great, and also worth several thousand. The winner just hit the scratch off ticket of comic books.

where are you getting your numbers from? several thousand seems like a lot since I can get an OA sketch done and a con for about several thousand less....

That stupid Vader Down variant is getting $3000 plus, and you are going to tell me that somebody out there will not pay a stupid amount of money for a comic that will have a pedigree like this one? I really think the winner could get several thousand dollars. I have no actual numbers, just a bet.

I'm not saying it wont. i'm just skeptical. Anything is possible. But, paying that much for a book that can be replicated on any blank cover for thousands less seems silly.

Since when are people that spend 3000 on ugly variants logical?

SW fans are a crazy, illogical bunch

$3000+ is a lot of money to me, but maybe for some people it is just pocket change? Everything is relative.

Now, if the people paying $3000+ for these Star Wars variants are using credit or are overextending themselves to buy this variant and would be better off using that money for the essentials of life, then yes, that would be crazy. You do that for a nice old comic, not a new variant. lol

I think this polybag variant idea is cool for this one book. I'm really hoping this isn't going to start a trend from the big two. If a sketch cover would have come out in the 70s, that would have been a huge deal and it would be a book to remember. Unfortunately, these things are becoming all to common.

Edited by rjrjr

Guess what!!! Slabbing has no impact on the OA books. That Campbell one is great, and also worth several thousand. The winner just hit the scratch off ticket of comic books.

where are you getting your numbers from? several thousand seems like a lot since I can get an OA sketch done and a con for about several thousand less....

That stupid Vader Down variant is getting $3000 plus, and you are going to tell me that somebody out there will not pay a stupid amount of money for a comic that will have a pedigree like this one? I really think the winner could get several thousand dollars. I have no actual numbers, just a bet.

I'm not saying it wont. i'm just skeptical. Anything is possible. But, paying that much for a book that can be replicated on any blank cover for thousands less seems silly.

Since when are people that spend 3000 on ugly variants logical?

SW fans are a crazy, illogical bunch

$3000+ is a lot of money to me, but maybe for some people it is just pocket change? Everything is relative.

Now, if the people paying $3000+ for these Star Wars variants are using credit or are overextending themselves to buy this variant and would be better off using that money for the essentials of life, then yes, that would be crazy. You do that for a nice old comic, not a new variant. lol

I think this polybag variant idea is cool for this one book. I'm really hoping this isn't going to start a trend from the big two. If a sketch cover would have come out in the 70s, that would have been a huge deal and it would be a book to remember. Unfortunately, these things are becoming all to common.

I agree. SW fans are definitely passionate. And no, logic has nothing to do with it. Just an opinion. I also agree with the black bag idea. Neat, but let's hope it's a rare occurrence.

So, I know these covers are very common, but due to the condition issues, how many of you guys are getting graded sets? I know they probably wont be worth anything, but I really like the art and the progression from pencil to color. It's a neat display piece in a three book frame.

So, I know these covers are very common, but due to the condition issues, how many of you guys are getting graded sets? I know they probably wont be worth anything, but I really like the art and the progression from pencil to color. It's a neat display piece in a three book frame.

I have 9 coming my way . I hope they are 9.8 candidates. If a lot of the books do have issues and 9.8s are tough,they might be worth something. Campbell covers usually are worth something in 9.8 since there are a lot campbell cover collectors out there.

>>I know they probably wont be worth anything<<

The first J Scott Campbell Harley cover.

Really?

Think about that for a minute.

Take a minute to process that...

THE most sought after modern DC character at shows & illustrated by one of the industry's top modern cover artists.

Will this book be a Suicide Squad #1 or Batman #1?

No.

Could this book be a Suicide Squad #6 or Harley #1?

Absolutely.

When the dust settles these will be $10-$25 wall books that sell forever.

Yesterday I set up at NY Winter-con.

Brought 17 various opened copies with the staple ding.

They didn't last until noon at $10 ea. 3 for $25

NOBODY can resist that cover....

Edited by LarrysComics

>>I know they probably wont be worth anything<<

The first J Scott Campbell Harley cover.

Really?

Think about that for a minute.

Take a minute to process that...

THE most sought after modern DC character at shows & illustrated by one of the industry's top modern cover artists.

Will this book be a Suicide Squad #1 or Batman #1?

No.

Could this book be a Suicide Squad #6 or Harley #1?

Absolutely.

When the dust settles these will be $10-$25 wall books that sell forever.

Yesterday I set up at NY Winter-con.

Brought 17 various opened copies with the staple ding.

They didn't last until noon at $10 ea. 3 for $25

NOBODY can resist that cover....

Nothing like a REAL report from the trenches!

Edited by COMICKINGS

For the record, this isn't the 1st JSC Harley cover.

There is a Danger Girl Batman crossover where Harley is on the cover

http://dangergirl.weebly.com/uploads/2/0/8/1/208188/451317_orig.jpg

Well for the record it is a JSC Cover for Harley on a title with her name on it. not an out of continuity cross over.

Picked up 2 more, both were color, both have dings near the top staple. Par for the course I guess.

Most shops around here are out of them, and I agree with Larry that this book will be a constant seller.

Which one will be the best is anyone's guess. Logic would say the sketch, but the color is just so damn nice

Well for the record it is a JSC Cover for Harley on a title with her name on it. not an out of continuity cross over.

And this is a Harley cover, not a cover Harley just happens to be tucked in the corner on. The variant is just too common to have much value, except if there is 9.8 value with the apparent defect. I think there is significant value in the OA copied still.

lol.

Yep there she is.

Right hand corner, If you squint..

I'll give you sticklers a star on your foreheads.

Clearly, Harley Little Black book is in another class.

Keep on though...

And this is a Harley cover, not a cover Harley just happens to be tucked in the corner on. The variant is just too common to have much value, except if there is 9.8 value with the apparent defect. I think there is significant value in the OA copied still.

\

I'm happy with ten dollar bills.

I know that's below most of you.

So, I apologize in advance for wasting your valuable time.

( Clearly.

Print runs are meaningless when involving Harley or Deadpool. Please see New Mutants 98 with close to a million copies in circulation )_

\

I'm happy with ten dollar bills.

I know that's below most of you.

So, I apologize in advance for wasting your valuable time.

( Clearly.

Print runs are meaningless when involving Harley or Deadpool. Please see New Mutants 98 with close to a million copies in circulation )_

Please let the book explode. I got a fairly clean copy, likely a 9.6. It has the defect but seems less than many are reporting.

I cracked three open yesterday at home and got one of each (color, pencil, B&W). The color is the best by a wide margin IMHO. If the print runs are the same for all three as I have been told, the color version should do the best long term.

Purchased 3 polybags last Friday; when I arrived home I lined them up, and used a randomizer app to guide my choice as to which ones to open first & second. The 1st one was the color... clean with no apparent defects or dings... the 2nd one was the pencil sketch, which has a small NCB ding near the upper left corner, along with 2 small NCBs on the back cover spine... all look like it could benefit from a nice press to take them out... :wishluck:

I also went back and bought 2 more for a co-worker after letting him know about the polybag issues; will chime in soon after he opens his couple to see if he scored any sketches or not... hm Will open up my 3rd one when coming home from work tonight... :wishluck: