• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HARLEY'S LITTLE BLACK BOOK Polybag Variants

209 posts in this topic

Pre-selling bad.. patience good...

Why is pre-selling bad?

Are you going to be able to fill the Near Mint / Mint orders that were placed?

Did you order some from me? If so what's your name,I'll let you know if I can fill the order with nice copies,if not I will issue a refund. Joey

With all the money people are spending on sealed polybags looking for NM copies of the sketch/ink/color covers, wouldn't it make sense instead to just buy the unbagged NM comic off Ebay....?

Edited by Candletric

With all the money people are spending on sealed polybags looking for NM copies of the sketch/ink/color covers, wouldn't it make sense instead to just buy the unbagged NM comic off Ebay....?

The issue is that there are so many bad issues that 9.6's and up may not even exist for this comic. Plus, it looks really bad for DC. People are buying this issue for the cover, and to collect the cover. People are not buying the polybagged version to read. So, we are taking a shoot at what version we get, plus have a greater than 50% chance that the issue out of the bag lacks appeal.

I know it is a easily damaged paper product, and there is always some spoilage. With that said that vast majority of the comics should hit the stands at a 9.4 or higher. With any product, when you buy a new product it should look new. These look like . In addition, all DC's normal issues look good, and do not have the problem. Where was quality control on this?

Edited by drotto

In the case of the Harley's Little Black book..the polybagged covers are the same quality as the regular covers...the regulars came in near mint/mint...nice copies...the polybagged versions...forget about it!

So how many issues came out today for the poly bag?? Batman, Green Arrow & Green Lantern (maybe last week) comes to mind.......

I know Batman and Green Arrow for sure this week, I think Harley's Little Black Book and Green Lantern was last week.

The Batmans I picked up were damaged, not as bad as Comickings pictured showed, but damaged nonetheless. Got 3 and got all 3 covers, woot!

For some reason the Green Arrows were in a lot better condition, similar to the Harley Black Book, with spine stress just above the top staple. Again picked up 3 and got all 3 covers.

For some reason the Batman suffered the most damage in the production run. They are just frustratingly bad. Probably 8.5-9.4 range.

The issue is that there are so many bad issues that 9.6's and up may not even exist for this comic. Plus, it looks really bad for DC. People are buying this issue for the cover, and to collect the cover. People are not buying the polybagged version to read. So, we are taking a shoot at what version we get, plus have a greater than 50% chance that the issue out of the bag lacks appeal.

I know it is a easily damaged paper product, and there is always some spoilage. With that said that vast majority of the comics should hit the stands at a 9.4 or higher. With any product, when you buy a new product it should look new. These look like . In addition, all DC's normal issues look good, and do not have the problem. Where was quality control on this?

I doubt DC cares. They sold out. Return ability would be the question I would be asking. Maybe if enough retailers complain they will do something about it.

I would think after Convergence they might be more friendly, but this book is so hot currently I still doubt they do anything.

Maybe a retailer can shed some light.

I doubt DC cares. They sold out. Return ability would be the question I would be asking. Maybe if enough retailers complain they will do something about it.

I would think after Convergence they might be more friendly, but this book is so hot currently I still doubt they do anything.

I'll bite...

DC had a fabulous concept that was trashed by a poly-bagging machine.

Having received a "tip" about the OA I ordered a TON.

I called in all my damages to Diamond.

I was refunded.

As would any shop that receives unsalable comics.

Unsalable = Trashed.

A tiny blemish is perfectly salable.

( Not to the cult sect on the CGC boards )

Edited by LarrysComics

I'll bite...

DC had a fabulous concept that was trashed by a poly-bagging machine.

Having received a "tip" about the OA I ordered a TON.

I called in all my damages to Diamond.

I was refunded.

As would any shop that receives unsalable comics.

Unsalable = Trashed.

A tiny blemish is perfectly salable.

( Not to the cult sect on the CGC boards )

That is why I said the comics must look new not perfect. When I buy at my LCS, I understand that issue may not be perfect, and will occasionally see some dings, color rubs, etc. If I am buying a special variant cover however, I hold those covers to a higher standard then something I have purchased to read.