• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HARLEY'S LITTLE BLACK BOOK Polybag Variants

209 posts in this topic

So you thought the Harleys were bad condition ....these Batman books are atrocious!

ugh....was looking forward to picking a few of these up tomorrow. Could you please describe the damage?

the Spine tiks are ridiculous...mostly not color breaking,but hold it in the light and you see 4-6 if not more...then a lot of those have the upper staple crease issue the Harleys had. We opened 250 copies today over half damaged...the ones we kept...8.5's to 9.4's....9.6 are tough...9.8 good luck....we're opening 300-400 more tomorrow. ...basic covers to both of these books were great condition...these bagged variants,horrible.

So you thought the Harleys were bad condition ....these Batman books are atrocious!

Any pictures of what you are seeing? I know you may not be allowed prior to release. Also any way to "see" the damage with the bag in place?

ugh....was looking forward to picking a few of these up tomorrow. Could you please describe the damage?

the Spine tiks are ridiculous...mostly not color breaking,but hold it in the light and you see 4-6 if not more...then a lot of those have the upper staple crease issue the Harleys had. We opened 250 copies today over half damaged...the ones we kept...8.5's to 9.4's....9.6 are tough...9.8 good luck....we're opening 300-400 more tomorrow. ...basic covers to both of these books were great condition...these bagged variants,horrible.

damn...has to be the polybagging process, like they're rolled over or under a cylinder while being fed into bagging machine before getting sealed.

I guess the only thing that would make up for this is finding an original Jim Lee Sketch book!! or any sketch for that matter. Good Luck!

Any pictures of what you are seeing? I know you may not be allowed prior to release. Also any way to "see" the damage with the bag in place?

You could run your finger along the spine while its still in the bag, but do that and you might miss out on a sketch book.

Hopefully Dc will wise up after this and figure out a better way to execute promos like these. I sure hope they get an earful from all the dealers getting damaged books.

damn...has to be the polybagging process, like they're rolled over or under a cylinder while being fed into bagging machine before getting sealed.

Yup, the books are being curled lengthwise during the bagging process. :cry:

Not yellow labeling these simply illustrates an antiquated system.

Agreed. I had the same problem with the Sex Criminals 11 original sketch variant. Special cover only available for original sketches and still all of them were green labeled.

12310619_10204534656798200_1739932714902239044_n.jpg?oh=77f78158755686210112bc706d3106dc&oe=56E174CC

COLOR cover

12243071_10204534657118208_1341337991981500118_n.jpg?oh=36ef272a43b2f395e79eb5586158411d&oe=56E46C36

B & W cover

the sketch covers were just as bad...they just dont show up as well because of the white cover

Uf! Those eBay pre-orders for NM copies are going to be hard to fill.

We ordered plenty for back-up!

Didn't mean you specifically (in case people think I'm giving you a hard time); just saw a lot of pre-orders for this cover (because I like it a lot). But glad you have back-ups for your customers! :thumbsup:

Wow nothing like sending books out as 8.0. That really stinks, my variant from last week's is not perfect, but it would get a 9.4 or an outside 9.6.

Any chance the sketches are more durable? I have an old sketch from DC where they basically stapled a stiff Bristol board type paper over the real cover. That second white cover is very stiff.

Edited by drotto

Wow nothing like sending books out as 8.0. That really stinks, my variant from last week's is not perfect, but it would get a 9.4 or an outside 9.6.

I had to buy 9 copies to get 9.2's of the 3 different Harley's.

There is one copy, perfect spine, and a fold on the top right from the bagging process.

9.8's for these books will be rare rare rare.