• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2015!

226 posts in this topic

The best copy I have owned...so far!

CVeiwVtUkAAHdjx.jpg

Sergio Toppi...I have no idea what it is or where it was used but I dig it. And these guys are large and in charge on 13x19 paper

CVeiwXhUEAEVR8O.jpg

BWS cover...I always dug this image. I can't help it if I discovered Barry Smith with Valiant, better late than never.

CVeiwVuUkAA4OeZ.jpg

I picked up a lot of covers this year for someone trying to get out of the hobby including a handful of DK3 covers but none of them come close to this for me. My second Maxx cover takes up all three of my top spots.

image_zpsdsb00ihs.jpeg

:o(worship) I'd love to own a Kieth piece someday, whether it be a Maxx and Julie or a Wolverine from his MCP stint. Very cool piece indeed.

I picked up a Night Nurse # 1 recently. It was actually a much better read than I expected. There's a lot of hype around that book because of the Netflix Marvel shows, but I would definitely pick up the others in the series to read if I stumbled across them. Sweet pickups!

Thanks!

I read my copy carefully, I too was surprised that it was a decent story. I went to the dealers shop a few days later and bought his copy of #4, but I have not read it yet. I heard this series was a joke among Marvel collectors for years, I hope to get #2 and 3.

The best copy I have owned...so far!

CVeiwVtUkAAHdjx.jpg

Sergio Toppi...I have no idea what it is or where it was used but I dig it. And these guys are large and in charge on 13x19 paper

CVeiwXhUEAEVR8O.jpg

BWS cover...I always dug this image. I can't help it if I discovered Barry Smith with Valiant, better late than never.

CVeiwVuUkAA4OeZ.jpg

:cloud9:

ART

Jeremy Bastian

IMG_2132_zps7b58c51b.jpg

Charles Paul Wilson III

NOS4A2/WRAITH Deluxe Edition color frontispiece illustration

Attachment-1-2_zpsuiv8fu6y.jpeg

Charles Paul Wilson III

The Stuff of Legend VOL. 5, Issue ?

FullSizeRender-2_zpsvh8rodvj.jpg

COMICS

TERROR TALES, May 1969

Attachment-1_zpsdlefzlwr.jpeg

Captain America Comics #1, Page 22 only

9943605433_7e0dc3eb12_h-2_zps1bddwkcx.jpg

Marvel Mystery Comics #45, CGC 4.5

IMG_2480_zpsnx4bkj6r.jpg

Dan

Without keeping folks in suspenders any longer, these eye-poppin' Ryan Heshka commissions are the toppers of my 2015 art acquisitions list... :cloud9:

ae5c5a4c-7953-4aaf-9d49-f3b01620d0c8_zps91dsipev.jpg

9e93fab6-2e25-4843-898f-6485c4739cf1_zpsogfudeow.jpg

[font:Times New Roman]As a side note, both paintings are based on unused B&W Basil Wolverton cover submissions to Centaur Comics.[/font]

Framed for display at the Oklahoma Alliance of Fans convention (MANNUP Collectibles booth) last month...

image_zpssboyz7rj.jpeg

You have a separate question though... your books are always amazing and you are one of the nicest guys on the board.

However,

What were the top three beers you had this year?

beer_153244.jpg1sam_smith_org_choc_stout_550_300x993.jpgnew-holland-dragons-milk.png

All three are of these bottled brews are tasty. I'm imbibing one at the moment, in fact! smiley-eatdrink005.gif

Cheers, ...

b937af8d-fe72-4246-abd5-796b5b928e09_zpsszbng6ku.jpg

I just picked up a six pack of the very same vanilla porter. It is very, very good. Dark beer with the obvious taste of vanilla but not an overpowering one. Just enough to accent the aftertaste. If I see the others I will give them a taste. Today I went to the Blue Point brewery with my Dad on Long Island. The Oyster Beer was quite delicious but I came home with a growler of Imperial Red for me and picked up two growlers for a party tonight of their White IPA and another of the Imperial Red.

The Oyster Beer at Blue Point was very good and may warrant another trip before Christmas.

I apologise for not having any scans.

This year, the only back issues I purchased were some underground books from Howard Greber. The best of these were…

- Fantagor 1 raw, first print, NM, which was a nice Richard Corben grail to go with my high grade Weirdom Illustrated 13, as shown in last year’s thread.

- A set of Air Pirates Funnies raws. Issue 1, NM/ NM+, a copy from creator Bobby London’s collection, and Howard’s own personal NM copy of issue 2.

- A Freak Brothers 1, 9.0, OW/W, first print, at a very generously low price.

Of all the books I’ve posted in these end-of-year, 'best of’ threads, these are easily the most significant. It was very sad to get them at a time when Howard was bringing everything to a close because of his terminal illness.

I'll treasure them.

This year, the only back issues I purchased were some underground books from Howard Greber. The best of these were…

- Fantagor 1 raw, first print, NM, which was a nice Richard Corben grail to go with my high grade Weirdom Illustrated 13, as shown in last year’s thread.

- A set of Air Pirates Funnies raws. Issue 1, NM/ NM+, a copy from creator Bobby London’s collection, and Howard’s own personal NM copy of issue 2.

Of all the books I’ve posted in these end-of-year, 'best of’ threads, these are easily the most significant. It was very sad to get them at a time when Howard was bringing everything to a close because of his terminal illness.

I'll treasure them.

Wow, that really is bitter sweet.

I'll treasure them.

Wow, that really is bitter sweet.

..... yeah, Howard was Maximum Cool....... he always had the time to help someone out with figuring out printings and such. I always checked out his sales threads because there was ALWAYS something in there I had never even seen. I only have two "Howard" books in my permanent collection, both the same, one is slabbed and the other is raw...... a strange comic called Weird Trips that has a William Stout cover that features Ed Gein...... it's a very disturbing cover, not at all like the prehistoric masterpieces he is famous for. RIP, Howard. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Without keeping folks in suspenders any longer, these eye-poppin' Ryan Heshka commissions are the toppers of my 2015 art acquisitions list... :cloud9:

[font:Times New Roman]As a side note, both paintings are based on unused B&W Basil Wolverton cover submissions to Centaur Comics.[/font]

Framed for display at the Oklahoma Alliance of Fans convention (MANNUP Collectibles booth) last month...

image_zpssboyz7rj.jpeg

(worship) Those are awesome !

image_zpssboyz7rj.jpeg

WOWZA!!!!

Dan

I sold my 7.0 of OAAW 83 at SDCC in 2014 to help fund my Det 35. Although I do not regret selling the comic I did miss it so I was pleased to find another slightly lower grade in a collection and I'll hang onto this one.

2015-11-12-0001_zpspcxtfl4p.jpg

Although it seems like 9.0's of this are as common as dirt lately with 2 recently on Clink and 1 now on connect I still love it. Got this in another collection. Lucky for me I had an 8.0 that I was able to sell to help with this upgrade.

TOS%2039_zpst3vytp4d.jpg

Here is my grail so far from TTA 93. I'll sell everything in my sig line before this goes. As I stated in my 10 year thread "Discovered Marvel comics in early 70's. My cousin who was 6 years older had a trunk full of mid-late 60's Marvel comics. As a family we would visit every week and I was allowed to grab a small stack to take home and bring back the next week. Hulk was my favorite. Especially TTA 93, 100 and King Size #1". I'm sure I read this comic 50 times or more.

20151022_080038-1_zpspyfmrswl.jpg