• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us the single finest example of a particular issue.

119 posts in this topic

Here's mine. Slow Death #4 9.8 White pages Haight-Ashbury Pedigree and from the Howard Greber Collection. Don't think there's any graded higher. If you happen own the single finest example of an issue, post it. (Why are pics uploaded not automatically showing anymore?)

159752.jpeg

OK, so let's define this then. If there is more than one graded that has the same highest grade, you can post it, but if someone posts the same graded issue that has better page quality, then that one is the "single finest example". If someone posts say a 9.8 and someone else posts the same issue as a 9.8 pedigree, then that one is the better example (doubt we'll find any situation on which pedigree is higher if there are two pedigrees of the same grade of that same issue). My first post has Slow Death #4 9.8, there are three on the census, but I don't think the other two are pedigree copies. If someone has say a 9.9 posted and there's no 10, but someone posts a signature series 9.9 of that same issue, then that would be the better example. A "File Copy" supersedes a regular copy of the same grade and page quality as one not a "File Copy". How's that to start?

159752.jpeg.078fcd6267396ea9ea2e97f0f18c454c.jpeg

It ticks me off that I bought most of the UG comics right out of head shops in SF and saved none of them....

This is my (only) contribution...Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica #320 - One of only Two CGC 9.6's - Currently zero 9.8's on the census - 1st appearance of Cheryl Blossom. Rare Canadian Price Edition.

I'm pretty sure my copy was the first CGC 9.6 Canadian Edition to be CGC'ed so I guess this qualifies here? Not sure what the PQ is on the only other 9.6. Anyway, glad to own it.

BandV320CDN_zps21d6441c.jpg

Darkhawk Annual 1 CGC 9.8 Newsstand

lone top census

Its a big squarebound comic, so to find a newssie in 9.8....unlikely

dha%201_zpsoorulh1o.jpg

I've got a million other DH's that are the only graded copy, but this one is the 'toughest' I think.