• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us the single finest example of a particular issue.

119 posts in this topic

Great books everyone! Here's my contribution:

ASM362_zpsxl5l3yvf.jpg

ASM362_2_zpsjxefk85j.jpg

:golfclap:

...this has me wondering..... is there a way to determine how many 10's have been graded since CGC opened their doors ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

OK, so let's define this then. If there is more than one graded that has the same highest grade, you can post it, but if someone posts the same graded issue that has better page quality, then that one is the "single finest example". If someone posts say a 9.8 and someone else posts the same issue as a 9.8 pedigree, then that one is the better example (doubt we'll find any situation on which pedigree is higher if there are two pedigrees of the same grade of that same issue). My first post has Slow Death #4 9.8, there are three on the census, but I don't think the other two are pedigree copies. If someone has say a 9.9 posted and there's no 10, but someone posts a signature series 9.9 of that same issue, then that would be the better example (we can debate which signature is a better one if there's a copy with of a SS the same grade but different signatures, more signatures is a better example). A "File Copy" supersedes a regular copy of the same grade and page quality as one not a "File Copy". How's that to start?

A graded copy supersedes a raw copy unless a pic. is posted showing a better raw than the graded copy.

OK, so let's define this then. If there is more than one graded that has the same highest grade, you can post it, but if someone posts the same graded issue that has better page quality, then that one is the "single finest example". If someone posts say a 9.8 and someone else posts the same issue as a 9.8 pedigree, then that one is the better example (doubt we'll find any situation on which pedigree is higher if there are two pedigrees of the same grade of that same issue). My first post has Slow Death #4 9.8, there are three on the census, but I don't think the other two are pedigree copies. If someone has say a 9.9 posted and there's no 10, but someone posts a signature series 9.9 of that same issue, then that would be the better example (we can debate which signature is a better one if there's a copy with of a SS the same grade but different signatures, more signatures is a better example). A "File Copy" supersedes a regular copy of the same grade and page quality as one not a "File Copy". How's that to start?

A graded copy supersedes a raw copy unless a pic. is posted showing a better raw than the graded copy.

Please don't retroactively dumb it down for everyone. Don't give the people who can't comprehend your simple concept an out.

xoxo

greggy

Please don't retroactively dumb it down for everyone. Don't give the people who can't comprehend your simple concept an out.

xoxo

greggy

I would also say wrap is very important