• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not a most wanted list?

40 posts in this topic

Two seemingly "regular" books have eluded me for years.....

Rangers Comics 3

Black Terror 24

Anyone else find these for sale.....ever?

I finally found a po'boy Rangers #3 last year after ages of looking. Still wouldn't mind an upgrade, but at this point I'm happy to have any copy at all.

2lkvh28.jpg

And that Black Terror is an awesome cover. You're right... I've seen the other racy Schomburg GGA covers for sale occasionally, but can't think when I've ever seen one of those.

Been looking for a Mystery Men Comics #1 for several years. A restored (PGX) keeps showing up but holding out for an unrestored copy. Yea, good luck kid.

In the similar boat but far less valuable a Blue Beetle 21 (Fox 1943) so I can work on completing that run.

Two seemingly "regular" books have eluded me for years.....

Rangers Comics 3

Black Terror 24

Anyone else find these for sale.....ever?

BlackTerror024_zpsf1a1b652.jpg

Sweet! :applause:

Well that's two books that I own copies of that got mentions here (feeling like a winner :banana: )

But seriously, both are tough books: I haven't seen a copy of the BR #13 for sale since i acquired mine some years ago, and the FFA #6 pretty much the same (save the beater Andrew sighted). I take it you love the cover so much buddy, that it's an exception that you won't even take a beater (i have 'settled' for beaters on a few books and when a higher graded copy showed up, i had become content with the beater, and wasn't in the market for an upgrade any more).

The LT&MM #6 in my Sig Line want list falls into that category: While not as 'scarce/rare' as the other books on want list i find it's the toughest early LT&MM issue to come by and only beaters surface, and i pass so as not to lose the thrill of the chase. Just love the cover too much, so i'll wait. But the two Four Favorites on my list i'm beginning to think i'll run into Big Foot at the Target store before i see copies of those offered .......

Fawcetts%20Funny%20Animals%206_zpsvetjmril.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsacc86235.jpg

Been looking for a Mystery Men Comics #1 for several years.

When the book suddenly jumped in value back in the day, copies of Mystery Men 1 popped up all over the place. But now the book's availability has dried up.

Such a terrific comic, Lou Fine cover, 1st appearance of the Blue Beetle, the Green Mask, Rex Dexter, etc. I love it!

This is the Denver copy:

cc3b6887-df12-4f0e-a460-210e64fa5ffe_zpskjidbhvb.jpg

There are a few Fox/MLJ/Ace books that I am going to go to the matts for if they ever pop up. Unfortunately for me I believe a few others share my sentiments. What I do have going is I prefer low to mid grade. Centaur wise Amazing-Man 22 and 26 don't ever pop up and I would LOVE to add one to the collection. But then again, who wouldn't?!!!

For me it has been Adventure Comics 36.

Overstreet now lists it as scarce.

This is the only copy I've ever seen, and I immediately bought it:

Adv36.jpg

It's scarce now? Fantastic book. Heritage has sold 3, including a Mile High CGC 9.6!!!