• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mutants 98 on eBay....5 raw "NM/MT" copies at $39 each???

94 posts in this topic

Open case today and refund will come tomorrow
He wont be able to open a case just yet. The buyer will likely enter a bogus tracking number, thus buying time and ebay will establish a date that the buyer must wait until before they can actually open a case. Then he will have to wait for the sellers response (more time) and then you can ask ebay customer support to get involved. Mid Feb the funds will be back, no sooner (thumbs u

Yeah.....I know.

However, Paypal will have me covered in any event

unless he drains his accounts....I've had that happen before....I won the case and got nothing.

Yeah I hope he has some luck with that. I'm afraid that he will cash in his chips just as fast as he closed his eBay account.

He wont be able to open a case just yet. The buyer will likely enter a bogus tracking number, thus buying time and ebay will establish a date that the buyer must wait until before they can actually open a case. Then he will have to wait for the sellers response (more time) and then you can ask ebay customer support to get involved. Mid Feb the funds will be back, no sooner (thumbs u

If the seller has been naru'd paypal will rule within 24 hrs. Just went through it 2 weeks ago. I was refunded in one day

That is pretty much what I suspect.

Also....the seller has zero feedback, registered in August 2015.

eBay places holds on seller's funds intil they have a proven track record.As he clearly has no such record, there is no way for the seller to access the funds.

So I am covered by Paypal Buyer Protection and there is no loophole here for the seller to pull a fast one.(at least I effing hope so)

In any event, I'm calling eBay now to get this process started.I'll post up how this plays out.

groan....

If the seller has been naru'd paypal will rule within 24 hrs. Just went through it 2 weeks ago. I was refunded in one day

If - If not its a waiting game

eBay places holds on seller's funds intil they have a proven track record.As he clearly has no such record, there is no way for the seller to access the funds.

So I am covered by Paypal Buyer Protection and there is no loophole here for the seller to pull a fast one.(at least I effing hope so)

In any event, I'm calling eBay now to get this process started.I'll post up how this plays out.

groan....

The fact that Copper is already on my block list makes this thread all the more enticing :D

Good or Bad...he's learned something. Actually, I'm sure many people who took the time to read this thread may have learned something. This is a forum that teaches...and that's a good thing.

Well done guys. (thumbs u

groan....

What are you doing!!???!! :makepoint:

If you open up a case of any kind against this guy, you may as well kiss those NM 98s away. :facepalm:

Maybe just in time for the Deadpool premiere... (thumbs u

groan....

If you open up a case of any kind against this guy, you may as well kiss those NM 98s away. :facepalm:

lol

groan....

Haha....

Well, just got off the phone with eBay.

Spent 15 minutes getting shuttled around but my claim was expedited and the refund for both lotshas been issued and will show up in my PP account within 24 hours.

I was pretty sure this was a scam but knew that eBay would have my back.Figured there was a 10% chance I had lucked out.No money has been lost, which is the only reason I was willing to gamble with my time, in the first place.

The rep told me the seller was suspended for violating listing policies, FWIW.

I am curious though....how succesful this sort of scam could ever *possibly* be, given that eBay holds funds from newly registered sellers.

I can only guess that some buyers do not file claims for months, hoping they will get a key book for a fraction of its' value.

Well, there is the chance that the seller has no idea what he's doing.

Worst case scenario, I contact eBay/Paypal and have to file a chargeback.

In that case, Paypal will side in my favor so I will only lose out on time.....there is literally no gamble here as far as getting Paypal to side in my favor.

oh there is definitely someone here who has no idea what he is doing

Nah.

Given that eBay holds funds from unestablished sellers, I knew the chance of me getting flat out ripped off was absolutely nil.

On the flipside, if the deals were legit....I'd have scored 8 copies of NM 98 very cheaply and would be flying high.... to qoute the great Dave Chapelle...."I'm rich, b'yotch!" ;)

I took a gamble, just lost a bit of time.

I usually do pretty well with eBay buying.Killed it with a pressable to 9.4/9.6 copy of Preacher 1 for $110 shipped yesterday...and a nice run of Preacher #2-57 for $150 shipped, 2 days ago.

As long as you know how to spot opportunities on eBay, it#s good for buying.This instance was of course, too good to be true but while it sucks that I wasted my time on this fiasco of get rich quick with a stack of copper age gems.....hehe......nothing ventured, nothing gained.