• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mutants 98 on eBay....5 raw "NM/MT" copies at $39 each???

94 posts in this topic

You have to wonder why these scammers use comics as their item... Why not list a diamond encrusted Rolex watch?

Is it not the case that some listing category's are more closely monitored than others? Can they get away with listing a high dollar book in the comics section where they couldn't with an expensive bit of jewellery in that section?

And this deal was low dollar but how many scam thread pop up here weekly about AF15 or similar? These con artists must be making a fortune! I was duped into buying an X-Men #1 about 3-4 months back.... My money was tied up for at least 3 weeks!

I don't think new seller should be allowed to sell anything worth more than £100 or so... If they try getting around it starting at 99p and the price goes over a ton, they should be red flagged and looked at by ebay...

I'm guessing it's because with all the movie hyped books, comics are the new hot item to make money on. I've seen many card (sports/non-sports) guys say they've moved into flipping comics now.

That seems familiar somehow. Why does that seem familiar?

It takes some time to learn the business and I'm sure there are guys with dollar signs in their eyes diving into it without the proper knowledge.

No way.

I bet a 9 plus copy of 98 will be under $150 bucks within a year of this film coming out.

Cool ... Then we might be able to get them from China for $7.99 a pop ...

lol

:takeit:

It could happen. I paid a dollar for mine. :eyeroll:

You have to wonder why these scammers use comics as their item... Why not list a diamond encrusted Rolex watch?

Do you monitor the diamond encrusted Rolex watch market to see if scammers are active there too?

Reported.

I wonder how many buyers this guy has scammed...gotta assume that a decent percentage of buyers didnt follow up with persistance on getting refunded.

I got a full refund from eBay on the copies I gambled on, it took about a week and a couple hours on the phone with eBay.