• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arnold's Countdown to 1,000 Posts!

73 posts in this topic

OK, let's see:

All-time favorite rock group: Simon & Garfunkel and by extension all of Paul Simon's solo career. Peter Gabriel and Broooooce Springsteen are close runners-up, as well as early REM and a variety of other folk rock stuff. This new noise the kids are listening to these days, feh.

All-time favorite comic: The Romita Sr. era of Amazing Spider-Man, no question.

All-time favorite post or topic: Tough one. I'e enjoyed the Robin Shock Corner Pose thread quite a bit, as well as some of the other funny cover threads. Always good for a laugh. And Bananas! Lots of Dancing Bananas! yay.gif

No, I haven't read that yet; I wanted to though. I'm actually happy that for the first time in months I put aside some time to read a novel again, which I just finished yesterday: Isaac Asimov and Robert Silverberg's novel-length expansion of Asimov's short story, "The Bicentennial Man," titled "The Positronic Man." It's a tear-jerker, and thankfully I've never seen the supposedly awful film adaptation with Robin ("I'm not even remotely funny anymore") Williams.

All-time favorite post or topic: Tough one. I'e enjoyed the Robin Shock Corner Pose thread quite a bit,

The popularity of the ROBIN CORNER SHOCK POSE is spreading beyond these boards. I recently seen painted on someones old van, ROBIN in the shock pose.

Glad to see everybody enjoying it. Now if I can collect some royalities for starting that thread. smirk.gif

Come on in and say hi, ask me about my non-Gemstone work, or talk about Doctor Who. Anything at all.

How in the world could you give such a praise filled review to "Van Helsing"? confused.gif

Thanks! grin.gif

Yay, It's Arnold's Thread! It's all about the Arnold!

First a cool Arnold caricature sketch avatar, then a cool title in his sig line, then this guy yay.gif, then some more of this guy yay.gif, then still more yay.gif, and NOW,

now we have an all-Arnold-all-the-time thread! Who's livin' the dream here, huh?

Congrats Arnold, long may you.....well, long may you keep on doing whatever the Hell it is you do! You're the man, don't let anyone tell you different! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

I hate each and every one of you with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.

yay.gif

Well, throw in a couple more posts, then take your signifigant other out

to dinner. Party time. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Arnold-

Better read: Hotel New Hampshire or Conferacy of Dunces?

"A Confedracy of Dunces" is a great book! The fight with the Hot Dog vendor just cracked me up totally.

Too bad about the Author,....he commited suicide before the book was ever published, his Mother got it published and it won a Pulitzer.

sorry.gif

Guess I better go shave my head now,....I got this:

Jean-Luc Picard

An accomplished diplomat who can virtually do no wrong, you sometimes know it is best to rely on the council of others while holding the reins.

There are some words which I have known since I was a schoolboy. "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as a wisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

Jean-Luc is a character in the Star Trek universe. This The Next Generation fan site has an outline of his career.

acclaim.gif

OK, some new answers:

"How in the world could you give such a praise filled review to "Van Helsing"?"

I genuinely meant every word, that's how I felt when I saw it. If and when I see it again, my opinion might change once I 'settle in' to the film, but I really thought it was a fun romp not to be taken too seriously that everyone else seemed to be holding to way too high a standard. *shrug*

Steve: I have to go with "Confederacy" as I could never get into Irving. And thanks for dropping in on my celebratory thread! smile.gif

I took the character test. Apparently I'm Kosh from Babylon 5!

There's a joke: "How many Vorlons does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"

"Yessss....."

And thanks everybody for all the bananas!

yay.gif

Steve: I have to go with "Confederacy" as I could never get into Irving. And thanks for dropping in on my celebratory thread! smile.gif

Here's a good study for "A Confederacy of Dunces".

Link

...and another yay.gif