• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary Expo April 28 - May 1 2016

363 posts in this topic

Fiona Staples....nice!

Did Fiona draw Saga by Image? Don't know much about these current comics. A good title to actually read? (shrug)

I really enjoyed it. It is adult oriented, though.

lol Guess that means someone have to take over Karl's job? Maybe not me but I would be taking a lot of photos around with my friend as we wander in there. :cloud9: hoping to see good costumes this year...

lol Guess that means someone have to take over Karl's job? Maybe not me but I would be taking a lot of photos around with my friend as we wander in there. :cloud9: hoping to see good costumes this year...

Perhaps we could replace Karl's output with a group effort. Not sure anyone can equal his posing skills though

Based on the first three one-day shows of the year, the Calgary Expo should be a strong show for costumes. There were plenty of people dressed up for even the Pop Culture Fair here in Edmonton this past weekend.

Karl needs to do a better job with the pictures this year. :sumo:

+1

He was very lazy last year.

Was it that, or the fact that Dave was always wandering off looking at/buying more books? hm

+1

Was it that, or the fact that Dave was always wandering off looking at/buying more books? hm

I may need to shadow him.

+1

He was shadowing you........

+1

Or do your pressing on either one of you guys! Joey might have the edge as he has the skills...

lol

+1

lol

+1

lol

dang right I was

+1

lol

dang right I was

Karl was a very busy guy last year, and he is again this year. (shrug)

The last time I took photos I spent over 20 hours uploading them to photobucket and then multiple hours posting them to the board thread.

If I do take any photos this year it won't be many.

Got update that the tickets to Calgary Expo ... Saturday one day tickets and Four Days weekend pass tickets are 75% sold out. Still a quarter remaining left before all sold out. Thursday, Friday and Sunday tickets still up for sale.

That is a sign of the times in Calgary right now. The economy has been shelled there over the past year and a half. :sorry:

On the flip side, sales were strong at the 1 day Red & White show a couple of weeks ago so there are still a number of comic collectors buying. Hopefully it carries over to the big show as well. :wishluck:

That is a sign of the times in Calgary right now. The economy has been shelled there over the past year and a half. :sorry:

On the flip side, sales were strong at the 1 day Red & White show a couple of weeks ago so there are still a number of comic collectors buying. Hopefully it carries over to the big show as well. :wishluck:

:wishluck: