• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary Expo April 28 - May 1 2016

363 posts in this topic

I can't wait to take advantage of your depressed economy.

Woo hoo

Don't you live in Canada?

Alberta is depressed due to the oil slump, dorkface.

xoxo

greggy

Are the comics depressed as well?

Hope so

Woo hoo

xoxo

greggy

I had to take a Dazzler 1 to the psychiatrist last week. :P

Woo hoo

xoxo

greggy

Hope so

If the Expo follows suit with the three on-day shows from Feb/Mar then there will be no deals for Greggy. :banana:

Big books were selling very well all spring so far......

Woo hoo

Stop bullying him. He's special.

Oh... Yes, Greggy is special, for sure. Especially special in napping behind booths! (:

And ... Anyone know where to find schedules for comic artists/writers at Calgary Expo on what days and time they will be there for signatures? I tried to look in their website but nothing there.

Woo hoo

Stop bullying him. He's special.

Oh... Yes, Greggy is special, for sure. Especially special in napping behind booths! (:

And ... Anyone know where to find schedules for comic artists/writers at Calgary Expo on what days and time they will be there for signatures? I tried to look in their website but nothing there.

I have rarely seen a artist schedule at this con.

They will only publish the days they are there.

The vendor booth map only lists 1 booth # even though the vendor may have prepaid for 3 booths or an island:

Forest City /Andy G. # 1507 close to

Citadel Comics/Clobberin' Time from Edmonton # 1406 (greggy will be napping here) :preach:

Eegabeeva Comics from Victoria, BC # 514-515

Canadian Comics.net from Vancouver, BC # 616-618. aardvark88 will be napping here.

Harley Yee # 1013.

Ant Hill Books & Uncle Bob's Comics # 619 island.

I will be getting comics signed by artist Joe Staton (E-Man, Power Girl, GL, etc.). Mike Zeck and John Beatty will be speaking at a panel so check the Calgary expo site for updates and time. :whee:

The vendor booth map only lists 1 booth # even though the vendor may have prepaid for 3 booths or an island:

Citadel Comics/Clobberin' Time from Edmonton # 1406 (greggy will be napping here) :preach:

Canadian Comics.net from Vancouver, BC # 616-618. aardvark88 will be napping here.

Harley Yee # 1013.

I will be getting comics signed by artist Joe Staton (E-Man, Power Girl, GL, etc.). Mike Zeck and John Beatty will be speaking at a panel so check the Calgary expo site for updates and time. :whee:

Nice list ... don't be buying the stuff I like. :hi:

Harley Yee # 1013.

I'm still waiting for Anthill to reduce the price on his All Select 11 to align with market value. It just wouldn't be a Canadian Con without me asking about him moving off his nose bleed price.

See y'all there...

Harley Yee # 1013.

I'm still waiting for Anthill to reduce the price on his All Select 11 to align with market value. It just wouldn't be a Canadian Con without me asking about him moving off his nose bleed price.

See y'all there...

I can help with making an offer...one that he cant...

Is this show better than VanFanExpo?

No comparison. Calgary expo is mega-huge like Seattle's ECCC with decent array of media guests, Stan Lee, comic artist/inkers, different independent press creators with art prints. Layout is a bit confusing a la ECCC in that for Calgary, there are the side theaters for media guests or large :gossip: panels, a detached Big 4 Building with more comic/toy/photo vendors, and food carts outside.

No comparison. Calgary expo is mega-huge like Seattle's ECCC with decent array of media guests, Stan Lee, comic artist/inkers, different independent press creators with art prints. Layout is a bit confusing a la ECCC in that for Calgary, there are the side theaters for media guests or large :gossip: panels, a detached Big 4 Building with more comic/toy/photo vendors, and food carts outside.

Last time, I read somewhere in a newspaper that Calgary Expo is the 2nd largest in Canada (Fan Expo Canada is the first). Also is said to be one of 10-15 largest fan expo cons in North America. Obluovisly SDCC is tops on the list, then that in New York and Baltmore? :foryou:

Food carts ... A few ones does make good meals but is a little expensive. If your are that hungry!

I think on Thursday noon, there will be a little parade of cosplayers walking on street to Calgary Expo, no?

Last time, I read somewhere in a newspaper that Calgary Expo is the 2nd largest in Canada (Fan Expo Canada is the first). Also is said to be one of 10-15 largest fan expo cons in North America. Obluovisly SDCC is tops on the list, then that in New York and Baltmore? :foryou:

Food carts ... A few ones does make good meals but is a little expensive. If your are that hungry!

I think on Thursday noon, there will be a little parade of cosplayers walking on street to Calgary Expo, no?

In Calgary? There is a parade of cosplayers on Stephen Ave every night lol

Well VanFanExpo should step up their game then?