• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It may be dreck (from a money standpoint), but I love it!!!

110 posts in this topic

Behind this goofy childish cover is some of the best adult storytelling you'll find with DC Comics. And yes, I'm including the Alan Moore stuff. It's a superior effort top to bottom.

28909-3987-32103-1-christmas-with-the-s.jpg

Pretty neat Christmas cover!

Couple of storylines I love, not worth much:

The ASM Gang War issues.

The Death of Jean DeWolff

The Maxx

G.I. Joe (Marvel) Cobra Civil War

Hitman (Ennis)

Peter David's wonderful X-Factor run

Warren Ellis Stormwatch

Brandon Graham's Prophet (though that 1st issues is above cover)

Love love the Gruenwald Cap stuff

Gigantic fan of pre-Unity and through Unity VALIANT.

I know some people may not believe this (or not care) but even though IDW has done kind of books with their licenses, they have done EXCELLENT Transformers books.

A writer that kind of sneaks in on different books and I always seem to dig is Bill Mantlo. I wish they'd find the individual_without_enough_empathy who did that to him.

A few more...

- JSA ( Geoff Johns run)

- The Golden Age (Robinson / Smith)

- Top 10

- Untold Tales of Spider-Man (Busiek / Oliffe)

- Hawkworld (Truman)

- Grimjack (Ostrander / Truman)

A good portion of the New Mutants and X-Factor – not each and every period, mind you – up to the early 1990s. :)

Power Pack (the original series, especially after issue #21). This require a certain "awareness" to be fully appreciated.

"Under Siege" of the Avengers, as it has been said, without any doubt. :)

The second Strange Tales series (19 issues): stories are often very very good.

Wildstorm Spotlight 1 - Alan Moore does the end of everything. First Carlos D'Anda pro work, he says that he hates ti and I love it.

And yes, The Last Avengers Story is a lot of fun and Ariel olivetti never looked so good (well, maybe on Cable there for a while.)