• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Art Day - Jim Lee Punisher vs Wolverine DPS

10 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I might as well end the suspense as to what big ticket item I was buying when I had my vulture sale. Here it is!

CAF Link to Jim Lee Punisher vs Wolverine DPS

I was lucky that Jonathan Mueller was selling pieces for his own fundraising and gave me time to pay for it. Head over to his gallery and help him with his fundraising! CAF Link to his galllery

Thanks for looking, I can't describe how pleased I am to have this!

Malvin

Hi All,

I might as well end the suspense as to what big ticket item I was buying when I had my vulture sale. Here it is!

I was lucky that Jonathan Mueller was selling pieces for his own fundraising and gave me time to pay for it. Head over to his gallery and help him with his fundraising! CAF Link to his galllery

Malvin

Jim Lee made back hair beautiful! :cloud9:

Hi All,

Malvin

Jim Lee made back hair beautiful! :cloud9:

Maybe I should make my wife read his Punisher War Journal run

Great looking DPS Malvin - what an amazing score. Congrats!

Anyone know why Lee didn't lay these pages out?

Not really. But Carl Potts is one hell of an artist and did layouts on lots of stuff when he was editing. I know he did layouts on most Strange tales covers that Kevin Nowlan drew. I always assumed it was because Lee was a noob and Potts was making sure everything went smoothly.

I actually talked to Carl Potts about the Wolverine/Punisher issues and he basically said Jim was still fairly green at that point in his career. With Potts doing the layouts, Lee would being seeing first-hand on how to tell a story and make it all flow.

As an aside, if you happen to stumble across Potts at a convention, he's an awesome guy to chat with. Just simply a sharp guy who seemed like he had a lot of fun working in the biz.

I actually talked to Carl Potts about the Wolverine/Punisher issues and he basically said Jim was still fairly green at that point in his career. With Potts doing the layouts, Lee would being seeing first-hand on how to tell a story and make it all flow.

As an aside, if you happen to stumble across Potts at a convention, he's an awesome guy to chat with. Just simply a sharp guy who seemed like he had a lot of fun working in the biz.

Wow, great answer. To me, this is a really cool backstory on the art. Thanks to Malvin for crediting Potts, and your answer ... I learned something!