• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, rogue14 said:

So $1600 for a custom, guess I gotta start saving up big time.

Do we know if it's the same on a blank cover variant? 

I think its a little less but i was told he hates doing them. From what i gather those 2 were only done for the scotts collectables guys but i remember someone mentioned here they were able to get on a list. 

FB_IMG_1503783141956.jpg

I just came from Bulletproof. Hank is an amazing man. You got to see how the customers treat him and respect him and how he does the same. Ok so as I mentioned Metal #3 won't be done by Dell'Otto. But there will be a #3. By another superstar artist, David Finch. And the cover will feature two Justice League members. @KevHTX you may have mentioned one, who can guess number two. 

And whoever is going to NYCC stop by Bulletproof table for a Dell'Otto exclusive cover.

34 minutes ago, Nino_013 said:

I think its a little less but i was told he hates doing them. From what i gather those 2 were only done for the scotts collectables guys but i remember someone mentioned here they were able to get on a list. 

FB_IMG_1503783141956.jpg

I really dig that old man Logan and his Spider-Man 1 (McFarlane) recreation.  :cloud9:

I guess I also shouldn't be surprised that the two images on the banner behind him are his most famous, the ASM 667 and the German/French Batman cover.  

-J.

55 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I really dig that old man Logan and his Spider-Man 1 (McFarlane) recreation.  :cloud9:

I guess I also shouldn't be surprised that the two images on the banner behind him are his most famous, the ASM 667 and the German/French Batman cover.  

-J.

The Batman in the background actually looks like a Tony Daniel cover if I recall correctly.

8 minutes ago, Drill423 said:

How would one go about inquring about a commission piece, or a commission for a blank variant?  

From Dell'Otto I assume. Become close with facilitators that do business with him and his rep David Ceci. David sells the original artwork from the covers plus other pieces. If you know Dell'Otto will be at a con find out who's hosting him and see if there is a commission list. And finally see if any facilitators are selling prearranged spots for commissions. Scott's Collectibles did this for LSCc. 

32 minutes ago, Polirer said:

From Dell'Otto I assume. Become close with facilitators that do business with him and his rep David Ceci. David sells the original artwork from the covers plus other pieces. If you know Dell'Otto will be at a con find out who's hosting him and see if there is a commission list. And finally see if any facilitators are selling prearranged spots for commissions. Scott's Collectibles did this for LSCc. 

Yes, for Dell'Otto.  His pieces/covers are beyond amazing.  Thanks for the tips!

3 hours ago, Polirer said:

I just came from Bulletproof. Hank is an amazing man. You got to see how the customers treat him and respect him and how he does the same. Ok so as I mentioned Metal #3 won't be done by Dell'Otto. But there will be a #3. By another superstar artist, David Finch. And the cover will feature two Justice League members. @KevHTX you may have mentioned one, who can guess number two. 

And whoever is going to NYCC stop by Bulletproof table for a Dell'Otto exclusive cover.

I think next year, ill go to NYCC. I went to ECCC this year. I wanted to go to NYCC this year, but I think budget and work project just won't allow it.

11 hours ago, ebtorres said:

"Good ones" doesn't do those justice! Great stuff from Dell'Otto! Thanks for sharing.

I know I'm not going to be popular for saying this, but the Thanos and Spider-Man commission's are not that great.  But the other 3 I really like.

1 hour ago, rjrjr said:

I know I'm not going to be popular for saying this, but the Thanos and Spider-Man commission's are not that great.  But the other 3 I really like.

Im actually with you on the spidey (not that i rate that particular Mcfarlane cover anyway) But i personally couldnt shell out that much money to a talent like Gab for him to just do a swipe of someone elses work. 

That Logan and Batman is where its at for me tho :cloud9:

Edited by Nino_013

21 hours ago, Polirer said:

Will Bulletproof be offering the NYCC exclusive on their website?

54 minutes ago, Michael Lamm said:

Will Bulletproof be offering the NYCC exclusive on their website?

As of now no, Bulletproof is pretty sure it'll sellout at NYCC. I actually had input in the design.

1 hour ago, Polirer said:

Ok it finally arrived here it is:

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_8590.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_8589.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

Holy schmokes!  That's a really nice line up, leading up to the crown jewel.  (worship) You've offically joined one of those most exclusive ownership clubs.  :cloud9:Congratulations again.   

And yeah, slight spine stresses or not, that's a good call on leaving it blue.  You can get another Dell'otto piece signed by him and Stan, but leave that 667 nice and virgin.  

-J.