• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, ct0318 said:

@Jaydogrules Haha I definitely have it in a top loader and in a secure file cabinet in my office. I just took it out to take pictures. I'd love to post pictures of the back but I don't want to take it out of the bag. I've only ever taken it out once and that was to check for damage. Once I get it graded I'll post a picture. 

And I feel honored to be part "Club" :) 

Definitely lol

If your patient enough to wait for grading do that! Sometimes CGC, i believe, has counted down for finger prints. You don'tneed to prove it to us lol

Just

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck::cloud9:

On 9/15/2017 at 10:11 PM, Polirer said:

I just saw the convention cover. It's amazing! We're just hoping it gets to us before NYCC. It's a Dell'Otto variant. Hanks been working hard, we'll see if the shipment arrives in time.

right now Hank and the team are shipping out the Dell'Otto Metal 2 orders and I'm  getting us ready for Baltimore Comic Con. Check the website for more info.

please note that if you ordered a virgin of metal 2 our shipment was delayed they'll arrive Monday, so those orders will go out next week.

I keep checking the website for the NYCC cover and haven't seen anything. Any more info would be appreciated. I'm assuming there will be presales online hopefully. Thanks

12 minutes ago, Michael Lamm said:

I keep checking the website for the NYCC cover and haven't seen anything. Any more info would be appreciated. I'm assuming there will be presales online hopefully. Thanks

Once we know when we'll be receiving the nycc exclusives I'll post an image here. I'm told we'll know tomorrow when we'll get them. We'll first sell them at the convention, and if there are any left over, Hank and I need to discuss how we want to sell them after that.

23 minutes ago, Polirer said:

Once we know when we'll be receiving the nycc exclusives I'll post an image here. I'm told we'll know tomorrow when we'll get them. We'll first sell them at the convention, and if there are any left over, Hank and I need to discuss how we want to sell them after that.

Has an image of that thing been posted yet ? :baiting:

-J.

41 minutes ago, RattyLa said:

Cool so it's basically just a background colour change from the original cover?  Like the pink Harley thing? Or am I missing something more?

-J.

2 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

(thumbsu Not bad.

Was kind of hoping for a wholly original piece from him, but this will have to do.

-J.

Didn't know that was there. Good detective work. We're still waiting on verification that we'll receive them in time.

15 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

(thumbsu Not bad.

Was kind of hoping for a wholly original piece from him, but this will have to do.

-J.

I think it's safe to assume that any ultimate or convention exclusive by Dell'Otto will mostly be a color shift of some kind and/or minor detail change. e.g. pink Harley and Iron Fist ultimate. While I really enjoy his work, it would be kinda cool if once a year he came out with a brand new spanking cover for a convention. Something to really go after and treasure, ya know? It would be more labor intensive on his part, but man you know his fans would eat it up.

12 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

Is it just me, or do the flames look cartoony compared to the rest of the piece?

Do you think they were digitally added? If you look at the original, the brushstrokes(?) are seen through wonder woman's cape and sword. On the convention version, I don't see the strokes through the orange flames. Looks as if they were added over the original via digital technique.

WW DO.jpeg

Edited by DTM700
Words.

2 minutes ago, DTM700 said:

Do you think they were digitally added? If you look at the original, the brushstrokes(?) are seen through wonder woman's cape and sword. On the convention version, I don't seen the strokes through the orange flames. Looks as if they were added over over the original via digital technique.

WW DO.jpeg

That is my assumption until I see a much higher resolution scan. There doesn't appear to be any texture to the flames, but it is perhaps impossible to tell with the given image.

5 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

That is my assumption until I see a much higher resolution scan. There doesn't appear to be any texture to the flames, but it is perhaps impossible to tell with the given image.

Flames on the swords definitely have to be digitally added. 

-J.

I just took a look at the flaming swords/blue cover variant and I feel really let down. I bought the original red virgin cover the moment I became aware of it because I thought it was one of the most badass covers I've seen this year. I don't buy my comics to sell them and have never sold any comics in my collection so whether the original version skyrockets or not doesn't really matter to me.  What makes me sad however is, like @NormdaMarine posted, the fact that we were told the original would be limited in copies. While I get that the NYCC is technically "different" with the flame/blue to me it's splitting hairs and a weak justification. There are B&W and sketch variants of covers all the time but I didn't expect something like this from Bulletproof and especially an artist like Dell'otto when they've already given us a B&W, Color, and Virgin variant of Metal #2. I hope that this doesn't turn into a regular occurrence from Bulletproof and Dell'otto, the last thing I want is for him to adopt JSC's model. I've defended the idea of variants for a very long time and love variants, but it's getting hard to do with the ridiculous push across both Marvel and DC.

Maybe I'm just making a big deal out of nothing lol. Anyone else have any thoughts, feel like this is a cash grab, excited about the NYCC variant?

Edited by ct0318
Grammar

9 minutes ago, ct0318 said:

I just took a look at the flaming swords/blue cover variant and I feel really let down. I bought the original red virgin cover the moment I became aware of it because I thought it was one of the most badass covers I've seen this year. I don't buy my comics to sell them and have never sold any comics in my collection so whether the original version skyrockets or not doesn't really matter to me.  What makes me sad however is, like @NormdaMarine posted, the fact that we were told the original would be limited in copies. While I get that the NYCC is technically "different" with the flame/blue to me it' splitting hairs and a weak justification. There are B&W and sketch variants of covers all the time but I didn't expect something like this from Bulletproof and especially an artist like Dell'otto when they've already given us a B&W, Color, and Virgin variant of Metal #2. I hope that this doesn't turn into a regular occurrence from Bulletproof and Dell'otto, the last thing I want is for him to adopt JSC's model. I've defended the idea of variants for a very long time and love variants, but it's getting hard to do with the ridiculous push across both Marvel and DC.

Maybe I'm just a big deal out of nothing lol. Anyone else have any thoughts, feel like this is a cash grab, excited about the NYCC variant?

I am also highly disappointed, without any qualms, in Bulletproof Comics because of this "not new" cover they will sell. Moreover, this action by them will make me quite hesitant to purchase any of their "exclusive" covers in the future since they will likely not be exclusive.