• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

There were several 9.8's that closed under $700 this weekend on ebay, and that was before the NYCC copies started hitting. And a set of all 3 sold for $300. (probably one from NYCC).

I get pretty leery when I see a variant go up that much, that fast. Especially when there's so many always available. Looks like this will be one I'm glad I waited on.

-J.

I'm only seeing one 9.8 that sold for under $700 this weekend ($683). There was another that sold for $765. The only one up for auction now is up to $788. Having auctions end during NYCC is probably not a good idea since a lot of potential buyers are busy at the con.

It'll be interesting to see in the long run whether this variant can stay ahead of the Hughes variant. I suspect that it might but we'll see.

I love the art of the HQ, thats what compelled me to buy it. I thought I waited long enough, but maybe I should just wait until all the cons are over before I buy book now lol

:tonofbricks:

Jerome

I wouldn't sweat it Jerome.

The majority of the pink copies at NYCC were not solid 9.8 candidates. He obviously had more to look through in Baltimore to pull 9.8 candidates, but he still wasn't sitting on a pile of solid 9.8 candidates at that show either. The census may not wind up being as extremely top heavy as the majority of other modern books. Especially when the books that do wind up being graded that were picked up in NYCC do show up on the census.

Hey Jerome,

I concur that whatever Hank had left were from "damaged" leftover pile. They all had various issues and the only hope those had depends on the presser and a generous grader.

What I found interesting were the dealers buying directly from bulletproof and selling them a couple aisles down at $500 a pop.

Edited by obsidian00

There were several 9.8's that closed under $700 this weekend on ebay, and that was before the NYCC copies started hitting. And a set of all 3 sold for $300. (probably one from NYCC).

I get pretty leery when I see a variant go up that much, that fast. Especially when there's so many always available. Looks like this will be one I'm glad I waited on.

-J.

I'm only seeing one 9.8 that sold for under $700 this weekend ($683). There was another that sold for $765. The only one up for auction now is up to $788. Having auctions end during NYCC is probably not a good idea since a lot of potential buyers are busy at the con.

It'll be interesting to see in the long run whether this variant can stay ahead of the Hughes variant. I suspect that it might but we'll see.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-QUINN-1-9-8-CBCS-DC-DELL-OTTO-BULLETPROOF-PINK-VARIANT-HTF-RARE-NOT-CGC-/272396962657?hash=item3f6c1fcb61:g:h9AAAOSwLF1X3VO7

And there's currently 4, 9.8 copies at auction.

-J.

Hey Jerome,

I concur that whatever Hank had left were from "damaged" leftover pile. They all had various issues and the only hope those had depends on the presser and a generous grader.

What I found interesting were the dealers buying directly from bulletproof and selling them a couple aisles down at $500 a pop.

This is untrue. They said from the beginning they were going to retain an unspecified amount of copies to sell at NYCC.

-J.

Hey Jerome,

This is untrue. They said from the beginning they were going to retain an unspecified amount of copies to sell at NYCC.

-J.

So why couldn't the damaged ones be the one they set aside to sell at NYCC?

Hey Jerome,

-J.

I agree, that's nothing more than just an assumption.

Hank said that he was holding copies for NYCC several times at Baltimore Comic Con and it was very clear that none of the copies he had at NYCC were as damaged as the 200 that he felt were so damaged he was not comfortable selling.

Hey Jerome,

-J.

Has someone said that's what they did ?

Do any of the four in the pic that one guy posted look particularly "damaged" , more or less, compared to the other two dozen raw copies for sale on ebay right now?

-J.

Hey Jerome,

-J.

Has someone said that's what they did ?

Do any of the four in the pic that one guy posted look particularly "damaged" , more or less, compared to the other two dozen raw copies for sale on ebay right now?

-J.

Yes, the original post by obsidian00 that you quoted.

Hey Jerome,

-J.

Hank said that he was holding copies for NYCC several times at Baltimore Comic Con and it was very clear that none of the copies he had at NYCC were as damaged as the 200 that he felt were so damaged he was not comfortable selling.

lol I basically just said the same thing.

@Lethal_collector- When you buy or how much you paid is nothing to lose sleep over, especially when it's a matter of only a few hundred dollars either way. I just remember them saying they were going to be selling more at NYCC, and I was glad they made that public, so when the prices were moving that fast before even that, it pushed me to the sidelines, because I knew flippers would rush the copies there and immediately put them on ebay. Which they are doing. And this is forgetting about however many copies are still sitting at both CGC and CBCS right now after the initial rush.

-J.

Hey Jerome,

-J.

I apologize, didn't know he was holding back stock for NYCC. It was an assumption based on my witnessing several customers thumbing through several copies and choosing the best of his remaining lot.

Hey there!

I'm new here and just wanted share my asm 667 Dell'Otto variant that I recently had graded. You guys have some great stuff! Hope to have an amazing collection like you guys someday. :)

asm667-3.jpg

:o what an introduction!. Perfect sig placement by Stan and even a legible one at that. I saw a couple of high end books this weekend at NYCC signed by Stan that were just fat marker ugliness and even worst horrible sig placement across characters.

I would love to hear the backstory with this as well when you get the chance....was it a slabbed 9.6 at one point, etc etc.

My vote for one of the ballsiest SS requests ever.

Pete

So out of the 4 i posted two are 9.8 candidates in my opinion on is 9.6 and the other a 9.0 but that one bought cheap for a friend there were still good copies left to buy from hank

Forgive me, but Pat, board name The Resurrection, posted the statement that I have placed in quotations below after purchasing copies of the Pink at the Baltimore ComicCon. Thus, unless Bulletproof Comics brought copies to the New York ComicCon that it did not bring to Baltimore, pressing will "make CGC graded" 9.8 copies of the two copies that you believe are that grade, or Pat corrects me, will those two copies actually grade 9.8? Please let the board know if you did, in fact, obtain CGC 9.8 on those two copies.

"Hank brought the last 200 to Baltimore, they were 9.4/9.6 at best. I dug through and picked up 2 sets. The worst copies however were around a 9.2."

I posted my comment because Pat is an excellent grader. (Edit: replaced "a" with "an")

Pat's statement may be found in the "Harley Quinn self titled most sought after variants" thread.

Best.

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe

So out of the 4 i posted two are 9.8 candidates in my opinion on is 9.6 and the other a 9.0 but that one bought cheap for a friend there were still good copies left to buy from hank

Forgive me, but Pat, board name The Resurrection, posted the statement that I have placed in quotations below after purchasing copies of the Pink at the Baltimore ComicCon. Thus, unless Bulletproof Comics brought copies to the New York ComicCon that it did not bring to Baltimore, pressing will "make CGC graded" 9.8 copies of the two copies that you believe are that grade, or Pat corrects me, will those two copies actually grade 9.8? Please let the board know if you did, in fact, obtain CGC 9.8 on those two copies.

"Hank brought the last 200 to Baltimore, they were 9.4/9.6 at best. I dug through and picked up 2 sets. The worst copies however were around a 9.2."

I posted my comment because Pat is an excellent grader. (Edit: replaced "a" with "an")

Pat's statement may be found in the "Harley Quinn self titled most sought after variants" thread.

Best.

I guess he held some at home for NYCC? The leftovers at Baltimore were not 9.8 candidates Edited by The Resurrection

At NYCC I submitted to cgc:

X-23

Winter soldier

2 Pink Harley Quinn's

2 Batman/Superman 7's (French)

Crossing my fingers!

I'd be interested in one of those French variants if it's a blue label :baiting:

Here's my two recent D'O books, subbed the Winter Soldier at Rose City last month (one of two 9.8s that I got back):

nRpG9j.jpg

EEb8bU.jpg

Jerome