• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cat man comics vol.3 #1 (26) value

30 posts in this topic

Are you talking about this issue?

Catman%2026%20A%20resz.jpg

That's one of the more common issues.

A slabbed 7.0 OW/W copy just sold for $1,005 on CLink.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dcatman%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1089225

I'd expect a 6.0 to sell for around $600.

You would think, but this sale also happened recently. Looks like a 5.0, maybe a 6.0, from the scan.

The buyer overpaid in my opinion, but it just goes to show that you never know what a decently tough golden age book is capable of bringing on any given day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAT-MAN-COMICS-September-194-Volume-3-1-GOLDEN-AGE-No-Reserve-/262295394926?hash=item3d12061a6e:g:BNYAAOSwzgRWxL5S

Are you talking about this issue?

Catman%2026%20A%20resz.jpg

That's one of the more common issues.

A slabbed 7.0 OW/W copy just sold for $1,005 on CLink.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dcatman%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1089225

I'd expect a 6.0 to sell for around $600.

You would think, but this sale also happened recently. Looks like a 5.0, maybe a 6.0, from the scan.

The buyer overpaid in my opinion, but it just goes to show that you never know what a decently tough golden age book is capable of bringing on any given day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAT-MAN-COMICS-September-194-Volume-3-1-GOLDEN-AGE-No-Reserve-/262295394926?hash=item3d12061a6e:g:BNYAAOSwzgRWxL5S

Looks like Andy found the OP's copy.

If so, what is the OP's purpose in starting this thread - seeking validation for the inflated price he paid, buyer's remorse, something else?

And a picture was readily available but not posted (he knows how, as demonstrated recently in the similar Prize #15 thread he started).

Really, such concealment of details is unnecessary - if you want to solicit informed opinions, then please provide all available pertinent information and we'll help if we can; otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time (especially when your raw grading is apparently at least a full point off).

Has anyone here won a recent kittycatparade auction? I've been watching them as the account has been listing rarely seen books and the end prices have been strong but I would be curious to hear how the books are in hand.

Has anyone here won a recent kittycatparade auction? I've been watching them as the account has been listing rarely seen books and the end prices have been strong but I would be curious to hear how the books are in hand.

Some of the realized prices are hard to fathom - interesting bid histories. hm

I bought a raw Blue Beetle (Fox) #39 from this seller for $119 which I thought was a terrific price for a somewhat uncommon book (Gerber 5). I was very happy with the book but absolutely horrified by how it was shipped to me, was surprised it made it through. Sent that feedback on.

Some of the realized prices are hard to fathom - interesting bid histories. hm

I've bid on half a dozen, and come up short each time. The Terry Toons 7 went for a reasonable amount I think (I somehow missed that one), but many others have ended at market or well above.

I think people just get overly excited when a decent golden age collection hits eBay. These people are apparently unaware of CLink, Heritage, these boards, etc.

I bought a raw Blue Beetle (Fox) #39 from this seller for $119 which I thought was a terrific price for a somewhat uncommon book (Gerber 5). I was very happy with the book but absolutely horrified by how it was shipped to me, was surprised it made it through. Sent that feedback on.

Thanks for the info. I am glad you're happy with your win. Not too surprised about the shipping. Newbies running into comics typically aren't clued in how much damage they get through the mail. I just can't imagine a $2,000 book being sent that way!

Hello so I recently acquired this comic. I think it's about a 6 or a 7 depending if it could get cleaned or pressed. But what the value or info about this series from anyone. Thank you

600-1000 depending.

She appears to be an antique dealer who acquired a GA collection.

I picked up the Air Ace Vol. 2 #2 from them. Paper was very nice on the book and happy with the presentation, but I definitely paid at/above market for it, which is consistent with all of the listings really. Ah well, I freaking love the book and it never comes up for sale for I'm ok with the silly price I paid.

If so, what is the OP's purpose in starting this thread - seeking validation for the inflated price he paid, buyer's remorse, something else?

And a picture was readily available but not posted (he knows how, as demonstrated recently in the similar Prize #15 thread he started).

Really, such concealment of details is unnecessary - if you want to solicit informed opinions, then please provide all available pertinent information and we'll help if we can; otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time (especially when your raw grading is apparently at least a full point off).

:applause:

I've won a number of her auctions (none of the really good stuff though). The comics have fantastic page quality. They've all been selling at very high prices. I have bid very high on a few of them and I still get outbid. The Catman comics she sold were gorgeous. I think with a press that some of her comics will grade very high.

I bid on and won many comics from her that I would not normally bid on, like Captain Midnight & Captain Marvel. I simply thought they looked really really nice, and it can be fun buying a fresh to the market comic.

I wish I would have been at that auction that she won all of these.

Here's a couple I bought:

P1100677_zps1shh1x5p.jpg

P1100679_zpsr8mssnto.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I am glad I asked and more importantly glad that this worked out great for the buyers and that they are happy. I can see how nice that Gay 26 will look with a professional press. :applause: