• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the biggest hole in your collection?
3 3

118 posts in this topic

What is the biggest book you should have but for whatever reason don't have?

Mine is easy- Hulk 181. I sold my 7.5 a couple of years ago and while I'm looking to replace it, I cant find one at a price i'm willing to pay.

What is the biggest book you should have but for whatever reason don't have?

Mine is easy- Hulk 181. I sold my 7.5 a couple of years ago and while I'm looking to replace it, I cant find one at a price i'm willing to pay.

Just spend some of that birthday money and in due time it'll ripen into a nice purchase.

Trying to complete the November 1971 Marvel 25-centers. My Love #14 may be one of the hardest Bronze books to find.

Yeah that comic was one of the ones I needed for a while. The Woodstock cross over makes it something old hippys want also.

My dealer when I lived in Boise, circa 1989-1990, had a nice Avengers 1. It was about an 8.0 for $500. I collected higher grade than that, so didn't really consider laying out that much money for something I'd need to eventually replace.

I'm still without an Avengers 1 :facepalm:

Aliens #2 9.8 (1st DH Series). Only 4 copies on census, and I was simply not paying attention when a copy finally came up for auction a year or two ago. Missed out completely and haven't seen once since. High prices have brought more copies of #1 9.8 out of the wild (I think there were about 9 in the census back when I got mine. Now there are 19) but #2 remains elusive. I'm tied for first place registry on this set, and neither of us has a 9.8. Just a "lowly" 9.6 :(

My dealer when I lived in Boise, circa 1989-1990, had a nice Avengers 1. It was about an 8.0 for $500. I collected higher grade than that, so didn't really consider laying out that much money for something I'd need to eventually replace.

What kind of dealer :grin:

My focuses aren't so old so everything that interests me is incredibly affordable, but if I were to name two I'm looking for: Shōnen Jump 1996 Summer Special and the Killed ashcan.

What kind of dealer :grin:

Interesting you ask that - he had a doctorate in entomology.

So, comics and bugs.