• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the biggest hole in your collection?
3 3

118 posts in this topic

Obtainable issues?

Captain America Comics 48

That first Mickey Mouse Comic where he is on the blue cover vs the Phantom Blot

Higher grade superman 3

Superman 14

Higher grade ASM 1

Just have other things to do first

Four Color (First Series) 16. Low grade copy up in the current HA Sunday auction.

Tales to astonish 46. Graded 8.0 or 8.5. Hard to find at at all
I lucked into a raw 9.0 in a FlamingTelepath thread. One of the best copies I've seen.

Obtainable issues?

Captain America Comics 48

That first Mickey Mouse Comic where he is on the blue cover vs the Phantom Blot

Higher grade superman 3

Superman 14

Higher grade ASM 1

Just have other things to do first

Four Color (First Series) 16. Low grade copy up in the current HA Sunday auction.

hm:wishluck:

Tec 38.

There was the 8.0 restored copy that got away from me a few years ago on the boards, and another this October. Now if I want a copy it's an arm and a leg. I need this book!! It's me!!!

ComicConnect has a 6.0 MP being auctioned off.

I have complete sets of all Marvel & DC and a lot of Indie mainstream titles from Silver age - Modern age give or take some of the more obscure stuff that only Frankie has :ohnoez:

But...........the one book that I am missing is Showcase 4

Back in the day it turned up a few times and I passed, as it was either too low grade or too expensive, I am talking a few 100 dollars, at the time seemed too much :tonofbricks:

I guess I just waited too long and missed the boat on it, I will probably never own it now as I don't have access to the funds I had a few years ago, so it is what it is, I shouldn't complain or be too unhappy about it :)

Fantastic Fours in CGC 9.8 white pages only.

117, 119, 120, 124, 127, 128, 129, 130, 136, 138, 147, 153, 164, 177, 179, 184, 205

If you have any of the above or know where they are, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Daredevil 168 really is a gap for me at the moment.

As are Cap 113 140 147. With these I'll complete vol 1. They're out there of course and will come soon enough.

As for keys, naturally AF15. I'd like a copy in the family again before my dad passes so he can see it in the family again after selling his in 1980 when my folks split. Won't happen though.

Sorry OP I can't narrow it down to just one, the same sense of hollowness & emptiness is felt equally in these.

Early SA

Four Color #754 9.4 ow/w or better (Smokey Bear set)

Ben Bowie #11 9.4 ow/w or better (Ben Bowie set)

Copper

TMNT #11 9.8 white (would complete my TMNT 1-12 in 9.8)

Sold an ASM 3 I wasn't to fond off (too much tanning) but haven't been able to replace it at the right price

Might need to trade for it

Mark

Does anyone have GPA for ASM 8 in 9.2 and ASM 8 in 8.5?

For me, it's 5 little holes that add up to a big hole.

I've been trying to complete a full run of Picture Frame Marvels in CGC 9.0 or better for many years now. The last 5 books out of 388 are:

Millie the Model #194, 195, 197, 198

My Love #20

I'd be interested to hear if the "hole" is due to not being able to find the book or just needing the funds to buy the book.

It's easy to fill the AF15 hole, but not if you dont have the money

It's hard to fill some GA holes regardless of how much money you have!

I have a good long list of GA Sci-Fi I'm still looking for, but catagoricly I would say the hole in my collection is:

Any Sci-Fi LB Cole cover

what's holding me back? Finding one for auction or for sale at a reasonable price. There are a few sitting out there with huge BIN prices for way to beat copies... so I keep watching.

Captain America 111

Flash 123

Tales of Suspense 39-41

X-Men 4

Readily available, but I haven't stumbled across the right copy at my price yet.

Aquaman, Avengers, Captain Marvel Adventures, and Flash are my focus right now, but there are scattered numbers I'm missing in all of them, so it's hard to pinpoint a hole.

I'd be interested to hear if the "hole" is due to not being able to find the book or just needing the funds to buy the book.

It's easy to fill the AF15 hole, but not if you dont have the money

It's hard to fill some GA holes regardless of how much money you have!

I have a good long list of GA Sci-Fi I'm still looking for, but catagoricly I would say the hole in my collection is:

Any Sci-Fi LB Cole cover

what's holding me back? Finding one for auction or for sale at a reasonable price. There are a few sitting out there with huge BIN prices for way to beat copies... so I keep watching.

For me it's because I can't find mine. I can't imagine pricing be an issue.

Further, your question always make me think when I see others who collect runs and don't care about condition and their efforts in completing them chronicled online and I never really understand it and I often ask them, in a haphazard way, why it takes so long. Look, I get it if you someone is collecting Actions or TEC's or Timely and have a HG threshold, there is hunt, but, for instance, if people don't have grade requirements, I always feel like I can get a run of ASM or X-Men, etc etc like in a few days max, right. I feel like most SIlver-Age on

I feel like I can get an ASM f/f+ run by the end of the day if I wanted to, NO PROBLEMM right?