• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALL I DO IS WIN! Post your eBay wins here
9 9

1,051 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, october said:

Auction bidding is nearly pointless now. Most of my deals come from BINs. 

Also got fine range copies of FF 52 and WWBN 32 for $40 apiece a few months ago. That was also nice. 

Wish I could post links, but I did that once. Never again. 

Nice! But don't you think there is still money to be made in sneaky auctions? Perhaps just less than the scores you listed above?

I think so. I still win some auctions. I will tell you though, it gets harder and harder every year. First of all, there appear to be less auctions as time goes on. Many sellers have switched to BINs. I have also noticed a steep rise in competition over just the past year. I used to win a decent amount of the auctions I sniped, but it's down to a ridiculously small percentage. The number of auctions that I am interested that end at what I consider to be market or above has never been higher. Some finish at absolutely silly multiples. 

2 minutes ago, october said:

I think so. I still win some auctions. I will tell you though, it gets harder and harder every year. First of all, there appear to be less auctions as time goes on. Many sellers have switched to BINs. I have also noticed a steep rise in competition over just the past year. I used to win a decent amount of the auctions I sniped, but it's down to a ridiculously small percentage. The number of auctions that I am interested that end at what I consider to be market or above has never been higher. Some finish at absolutely silly multiples. 

I agree, sometimes I have been lucky as you say, but I find the worst these days is that everyone is killing auctions with insanely high shipping prices. People seem to try to get around loosing money on the auction by charging way more than they should for shipping. Ebay should have  a hard cap on shipping. 

1 hour ago, october said:

Auction bidding is nearly pointless now. Most of my deals come from BINs. 

Also got fine range copies of FF 52 and WWBN 32 for $40 apiece a few months ago. That was also nice. 

Wish I could post links, but I did that once. Never again. 

Don't give out those sources 

Probably the best win I've ever had on eBay.  I refreshed newly listed Spideys at some ridiculous hour and this book popped up as a BIN.  I paid what you would have paid in the 80's for this book.  Its being graded right now so I should know in a week how it turns out!

Yeah that's the Spidey 16 I got.its not bad,silly thing is I was after a 16 at the time and just bought a vg'ish copy for around $125.should of waited.

3 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

I absolutely HATE when this happens..

Set my sniper for 40.00 as there were no bidders up till last second.

All of a sudden boom 40.00 boom 42.00 annnnnd I lost

So there goes a chance to own a really really reeeeeeeeally beautiful looking copy of CC43

Damn it looks even prettier when you lose :sorry:

Hope someone from the board won this...

Actually no I dont

I've recently had some sniping fails, where the winning bid is literally 1 more. I typically add .53 cents to whatever dollar amount I'm bidding. So I had a an auction where I was going to bid 91.53. The winning bid was 92.53. WTF?

can people use a sniping program to set a snipe at an exact amount over the 2nd to last bid? This has happened too many times for me to think it's just coincidence. 

I don't mind getting outbid $10+ but when it comes down to a few bucks or less...argh.

Well you never know where it wouldve ended.. Typically we'd like to think we "just" got outbid by a buck.. But had you set it up higher, your rival couldve set his/her bid even higher.. I had auctions that I set at 40 and last few seconds the bid jumped to 41 and then.. Boom 100+

U never know

2 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I've recently had some sniping fails, where the winning bid is literally 1 more. I typically add .53 cents to whatever dollar amount I'm bidding. So I had a an auction where I was going to bid 91.53. The winning bid was 92.53. WTF?

can people use a sniping program to set a snipe at an exact amount over the 2nd to last bid? This has happened too many times for me to think it's just coincidence. 

I don't mind getting outbid $10+ but when it comes down to a few bucks or less...argh.

It sounds like $1 more was the minimum next step of a bid- though I thought at levels where the price is over 90 bucks, the next step would be 2 or maybe more. They might have bid $100 and it defaults to the 1 buck more.

It's when you lose by pennies that you should feel burned by bad luck.

You guys know that eBay auctions are hard close and use proxy bidding right?

If you are willing to pay $60 on an item but you "snipe" a bid of $40.53, it's your own fault when the item sells for $41.53. And you'll never know if auction winner bid $42 or $420, you just know it was more than you.

On 3/7/2017 at 8:13 PM, comicquant said:

Probably the best win I've ever had on eBay.  I refreshed newly listed Spideys at some ridiculous hour and this book popped up as a BIN.  I paid what you would have paid in the 80's for this book.  Its being graded right now so I should know in a week how it turns out!

Results are below...  Definitely the best deal I've gotten on eBay (or anywhere for that matter) for a comic.  

invoice_as_16.jpg