• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Persistent Ebayer wants to deal privately

1,072 posts in this topic

Folks, I am not sagat. I don't have multiple accounts. He's local so I know him and he helped me buy some books off the boards a couple of times, which is probably why my email is in one of his posts. No need to start something over nothing.

I don't make promises that I can't keep and I do my best to follow through with everything I say. I live in Toronto, I'm poor but I've been blessed with 3 beautiful daughters so I'm luckier than most. I've been lurking off and on the CGC boards for a long time but I only recently decided to be more active since I was laid off work a few years ago, so I have the a bit more time now to commit to these discussions.

I'm 5'5", Asian... T-shirt and jeans are my preferred choice of dress. I have black hair, glasses and I'm working on firming up my butt at the gym every other day. I love Silver and Bronze Age books. However, considering my age and in anticipation of all the retiring baby boomers, I'm trying to get ahead of the curve and have been slowly selling my collection.

So, if you're one of those online nut jobs, who are passively out to "get" me, you know where to aim you pick up truck. I'm sorry if you find my ramblings so offensive to actually make the effort to try and "out" me, but it's not intentional... and, oh well... can't make everybody happy.

I know that this wont satisfy those who are thirsty for blood but it will have to do for now.

I've met Sagat in person and for some reason (coincidence?) but your physical description matches his actual physical description.

Things that make you go mmmmm!!!

:o

Are you trying to say that all Asians look alike...? There you go... go get him lynch mob!! Racist in our midst!

** Yes, it's a joke **

I'm not disagreeing with you. In fact, in principle, I'm with you 100%. I'm not necessarily out to screw eBay but I just don't believe in their "no direct transaction" policy.

My son used to say he didn't believe in alliteration, which I thought was funny. Your lack of belief really has no bearing, because it isn't a theory, it's a fact of their user agreement.

It exists whether you believe in it or not.

Wait what?

Can someone honestly tell me if they found a book on eBay that was a personal grail for $5k, that they would not contact the seller to see about a cheaper price.

1. If the seller said yeah he would take $4500 direct through PayPal.

2. You ask the seller would you take $4500 direct through PayPal.

Seller breaks even and you save a lot of money.

If you say NO, I believe you need to rethink your financial thinking.

If it's a "personal grail" then that means I want it A LOT. Which means I'll do what it takes within my own budget to make up the extra $500 difference between a policy-maintaining transaction and a policy-violating transaction.

If I can afford $4,500, then I can afford $5,000. If I can't afford $5,000, then I have no business shelling out $4,500. After all, this is a "personal grail" for a fun collecting hobby. Not the difference between survival and oblivion.

Everyone is wired differently... I just don't see how if someone knew there was a way to save $500 that whey wouldn't do it... Even $50. $50 goes a long way in this fun collecting hobby.

Correct. Everyone is wired differently. Some would cheat to gain $5 and others wouldn't.

I only offer sellers off eBay when it's over $100...

I'm not disagreeing with you. In fact, in principle, I'm with you 100%. I'm not necessarily out to screw eBay but I just don't believe in their "no direct transaction" policy.

My son used to say he didn't believe in alliteration, which I thought was funny. Your lack of belief really has no bearing, because it isn't a theory, it's a fact of their user agreement.

It use to be policy that Blacks had to give up their seat for the Whites. It existed whether you believe in it or not.

It use to be policy that Blacks had to give up their seat for the Whites. It existed whether you believe in it or not.

WTF does THAT have to do with anything?

Not true. If the issues from the music industry has revealed anything, it is that the workers get paid the same no matter how much profits a corporation brings in.

Profits go down, people lose jobs.

Except that eBay profits are not going down. They've been level for the longest time... but still not good enough for the shareholders which is why they spun off PayPal for those who want higher yield.

You speak as if you know why eBay and PayPal split. And your reason above was not the reason.

So enlighten us.

WTH does that have to do with this topic?? (shrug)

Just because a policy exists... it doesn't mean it should.

does anyone know what alliteration means????

Wiki-

Alliteration is a stylistic literary device identified by the repeated sound of the first consonant in a series of multiple words, or the repetition of the same sounds of the same kinds of sounds at the beginning of words or in stressed syllables of a phrase.

No, I don't know what it means lol give me a minute

Which post? The one about alliteration or Sabat comparing ebay policy to Blacks having to sit in the back of the bus?

"My son used to say he didn't believe in alliteration, which I thought was funny. Your lack of belief really has no bearing, because it isn't a theory, it's a fact of their user agreement.

It exists whether you believe in it or not."

I like how it's ok to screw E-Bay out of their agreed-upon fee for service because, well, they're big.

I like how the Probation List, the self-policing activity that protects honest buyers and sellers on these Boards, is a mob.

This thread is screwy. :screwy:

Yeah, very screwy

Just because a policy exists... it doesn't mean it should.

That wasn't a policy. It was racism

does anyone know what alliteration means????

Wiki-

Alliteration is a stylistic literary device identified by the repeated sound of the first consonant in a series of multiple words, or the repetition of the same sounds of the same kinds of sounds at the beginning of words or in stressed syllables of a phrase.

No, I don't know what it means lol give me a minute

I like how it's ok to screw E-Bay out of their agreed-upon fee for service because, well, they're big.

I like how the Probation List, the self-policing activity that protects honest buyers and sellers on these Boards, is a mob.

This thread is screwy. :screwy:

Agreed. Long live the mob!

I got my pitchfork but I've misplaced my torch. Which one of you guys is in change of the torches? I need one.

You know an argument thread has jumped the shark when someone brings up blacks on buses....