• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Persistent Ebayer wants to deal privately

1,072 posts in this topic

Just in case Stu's question with regard to the sig line email to vger7 gets poofed with all the follow up posts.

It's also been posted as a contact under both accounts :popcorn: .

sagat

vger7

It amazes me when people that should be trying to stay under the radar always do the exact opposite. He had a good run with his shill account but drew too much attention to himself. Well done as always board detectives!

Would the same scrutiny be applied to someone you agreed with here? I sincerely doubt it. Congratulations! You silenced someone who disagrees with you. (slow clap)

Congrats, you missed the point. SAGAT is a probation list member. If Vger truly is SAGAT then no one on this board should be dealing with him. Consider it a PSA.

Oh I get the point. If you can't beat his logic, you might as well come up with something else! Mob at its worst.

No, you missed it again. This isn't about the discussion in this thread. This is about outing a person who is on the probation list because they created a shill account in order to continue buying/selling here. We have a probation list here for a reason.

SAGAT got himself (herself?) into trouble and landed on the probation list. Instead of solving his/her problems, he/she decided to create a shill account to get around that. I suppose you think that's okay as well.

You can say anything you want, but your actions speak louder. Here's this user who vocally states his position on an issue. You, and apparently several "older" members vehemently disagree with him. Then miraculously its found he's been using alternate accounts, doing naughty things, whatever you can dig up on him. Now he's in the "doghouse" whatever that means.

Its the mob at its worst. Congratulations.

Now it's an issue with "older" members eh? Is the old boy network oppressing the noobs? I sense a chip on your shoulder. All problems can be dismissed because of the "mob" mentality of "older" members.

And if my actions result in anyone on this board deciding they don't want to do business with me, I'm fine with that.

All this is showing me why these guys don't want their eBay IDs known.

:)

-slym

Yup. Saw this coming a mile away. They'll eventually get my ID... which is fine. I'm more worried about the nut jobs who'll track you down, crawl through your window in the middle of the night and...

Just in case Stu's question with regard to the sig line email to vger7 gets poofed with all the follow up posts.

sagat

vger7

It amazes me when people that should be trying to stay under the radar always do the exact opposite. He had a good run with his shill account but drew too much attention to himself. Well done as always board detectives!

Would the same scrutiny be applied to someone you agreed with here? I sincerely doubt it. Congratulations! You silenced someone who disagrees with you. (slow clap)

Congrats, you missed the point. SAGAT is a probation list member. If Vger truly is SAGAT then no one on this board should be dealing with him. Consider it a PSA.

Oh I get the point. If you can't beat his logic, you might as well come up with something else! Mob at its worst.

No, you missed it again. This isn't about the discussion in this thread. This is about outing a person who is on the probation list because they created a shill account in order to continue buying/selling here. We have a probation list here for a reason.

SAGAT got himself (herself?) into trouble and landed on the probation list. Instead of solving his/her problems, he/she decided to create a shill account to get around that. I suppose you think that's okay as well.

You can say anything you want, but your actions speak louder. Here's this user who vocally states his position on an issue. You, and apparently several "older" members vehemently disagree with him. Then miraculously its found he's been using alternate accounts, doing naughty things, whatever you can dig up on him. Now he's in the "doghouse" whatever that means.

Now it's an issue with "older" members eh? Is the old boy network oppressing the noobs? I sense a chip on your shoulder. All problems can be dismissed because of the "mob" mentality of "older" members.

And if my actions result in anyone on this board deciding they don't want to do business with me, I'm fine with that.

By older I mean thousands of posts..nothing more, hence the quotes.

It is a mob mentality. The cause is surely just, the mob is certainly righteous and the miscreant surely is guilty of crimes. Same stuff different day.

If I'm the only one who will say it then so be it.

So do you think that maintaining a probation list and HoS list is just a form of mob mentality?

We take pride in policing ourselves. The members of this board are very good at sniffing out BS and scammers, and deadbeats. If that's mob mentality, then I'm happy to be a part of it

Exactly! And if he really thinks it is mob mentality, he can always choose to leave the boards.

-slym

Currently have an item on the bay with two pending offers, and in addition a third person is making persistent offers to buy directly through paypal. Wants me to make counter offers and haggle through ebay messaging. ???

Do you report them, or do you threaten to report them or do you just ignore them and tell them to go away?

Wow, just wow!

-bababooey

:D

sagat

vger7

Wow. Just... wow.

Slym, I keep asking myself who is this GM8 person?

Make a run for it GM8... they're coming for you!

:eyeroll:

-slym

ignore them unless they are a boardie then post it here

This

-bababooey

I was watching some golf today. I still get a kick out of it when someone in the crowd screams "Bababooey" after each swing.

sagat

vger7

Yup. Saw this coming a mile away. They'll eventually get my ID... which is fine. I'm more worried about the nut jobs who'll track you down, crawl through your window in the middle of the night and...

Saw it coming a mile away, still couldn't move in time.

lol

-slym

Speaking of returning shills and board paranoia, this poor guy just signed up a couple hours ago.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=36134

:(

I hope people didn't overlook this post. Oh, man, could you imagine if it was really him? lol

ignore them unless they are a boardie then post it here

This

-bababooey

I was watching some golf today. I still get a kick out of it when someone in the crowd screams "Bababooey" after each swing.

I get a kick out of it when I'm watching some major breaking news event and an on scene caller goes on air and starts telling their tale then screams BABABOOEY!!!!!!!!!

sagat

vger7

Saw it coming a mile away, still couldn't move in time.

lol

-slym

Didn't have to move. I stayed true to my feelings and I'm clean, as you'll soon see.

Speaking of returning shills and board paranoia, this poor guy just signed up a couple hours ago.

I hope people didn't overlook this post. Oh, man, could you imagine if it was really him? lol

Why are people thinking it's him-what am I missing?

Paranoid much?

-slym

Not the guy from this thread. Hustruck. Or however you spell it.

Thehus21 as in Hustruck who is around 21 years old. It has nothing to do with this current guy but funny just the same if it was ole Hus.