• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4.4.16?

130 posts in this topic

Do you think that everyone with pending submissions that haven't been holdered yet will receive the new case? Im in the verification process and I definitely want to get on board if the case is as impressive as you say!
no idea...I got to see it in January, but have no knowledge or specifics on roll out, cgc's transition, etc...

Notice any differences with the inner wells?

can't talk about specifics, but I was very pleased with the new case

Do you think that everyone with pending submissions that haven't been holdered yet will receive the new case? Im in the verification process and I definitely want to get on board if the case is as impressive as you say!
no idea...I got to see it in January, but have no knowledge or specifics on roll out, cgc's transition, etc...

Tease

Tease
:acclaim:

What are we going to call the old labels now? Classic label? How about Golden Age labels and the current labels (pre 4-4-16) would be silver age labels and the new ones...either bronze age or just skip to modern age labels?

Jerome

How about the "Not Pressed", "Might Be Pressed", and "Probably Pressed" eras? :shy:

One investment idea would be to buy the 90's slabs and regrade them with the new slab in hopes of a better grade and case. Im seeing a lot of potential here. :popcorn:
there are no 90's slabs?

What are we going to call the old labels now? Classic label? How about Golden Age labels and the current labels (pre 4-4-16) would be silver age labels and the new ones...either bronze age or just skip to modern age labels?

Jerome

How about the "Not Pressed", "Might Be Pressed", and "Probably Pressed" eras? :shy:

lol but also very true.

Jerome

ok, have been given the green light (again) by the powers at cgc...

this past January, Richard (Bedrock City) and I got to see, hold and inspect cgc's NEW holder...

all I can say is I LOVE it...and I'm guessing you will too...

The only thing I would love holder-wise is a holder that has no inner well—just a (preferably Mylar) closely-fitting outer well that's water-tight but not air-tight. I'm not sure whether that's even achievable.

How does it compare to Voldemort's slabs?

Technically, there ARE "90's slabs."

Technically. VERY technically.

hm

Now I wonder what the very first slab was. Valiantman?

Jerome

The samples are 1999, but so are a few actual slabs.

Here's the first "real one".

November 9, 1999

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/verify-cgc-comic.aspx?cgc-comic-cert=0000001001

Certification #: 0000001001

Title: Walt Disney's Comics and Stories

Issue: 1

Issue Date: 10/40

Issue Year: 1940

Publisher: Dell Publishing

Grade: 8.5

Page Quality: OFF-WHITE

Grade Date: 11/09/1999

Category: Universal

Art Comments: Floyd Gottfredson story & art

Bill Wright & Ted Thwaites art