• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAN OF STEEL appreciation thread
2 2

398 posts in this topic

tomorrow night I'm going to watch Green Lantern :banana:
Better have a back-up movie, like Jaws: The Revenge. hm

...Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin... no wait, scratch that last one.

...Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin... no wait, scratch that last one.

You know I've been hanging Joel Schumacher with excessive use of neon since The Lost Boys-Flatliners to his neon-filled Batman opuses. But I was watching Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas last night (I found a rare Special Edition to replace my old one) and I noticed Oogie Boogie's lair was all neon. Perhaps that was really coming for the Batman movies if Burton worked on them too. :(

I've just re-watched Man of Steel and have to say it's an excellent film (thumbs u My wife watched it (for the first time) and agrees.

The plan is to go back and re-watch Batman v Superman in the week!

I'm on such a DC high right now... tomorrow night I'm going to watch Green Lantern :banana:

Did you watch the Blu-Ray version, with the 'Journey of Discovery' extra footage? It's a longer viewing. But you learn a lot of what went into this movie.

I had the 'Green Lantern Extended Edition' Blue-Ray in my hand today at Walmart. But for what they wanted - and knowing about the space smog beast - I held off.

You know I've been hanging Joel Schumacher with excessive use of neon since The Lost Boys-Flatliners to his neon-filled Batman opuses. But I was watching Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas last night (I found a rare Special Edition to replace my old one) and I noticed Oogie Boogie's lair was all neon. Perhaps that was really coming for the Batman movies if Burton worked on them too. :(

No amount of neon could save those movies ;) I'm not a big fan of any of those four, especially the last one :eek:

I remember when Batman was released... I was 17 and my girlfriend said if I wore a Batman T-shirt to the cinema, she wouldn't watch the film. Suffice to say, when I walked out I was thankful I never wore the shirt!

I've just re-watched Man of Steel and have to say it's an excellent film (thumbs u My wife watched it (for the first time) and agrees.

The plan is to go back and re-watch Batman v Superman in the week!

I'm on such a DC high right now... tomorrow night I'm going to watch Green Lantern :banana:

Did you watch the Blu-Ray version, with the 'Journey of Discovery' extra footage? It's a longer viewing. But you learn a lot of what went into this movie.

I had the 'Green Lantern Extended Edition' Blue-Ray in my hand today at Walmart. But for what they wanted - and knowing about the space smog beast - I held off.

I have to confess, I watched it at the cinema, bought the Blu-Ray when it came out... and never got round to watching it. I might give the Journey of Discovery a spin.

Space Smog Beast lol

Best ending to a movie... EVER! ;)

I watched Man of Steel today before the movie, and it held up better than I thought.

I would say it went from 81% to maybe 83%.

Fantastic art direction, I wish I could of been a part of.

I'd give it a spot on 85% (thumbs u It would get higher with a few small improvements IMO:

1) More heat vision;

2) Less focus on alien invasion;

3) More Supes/Krytonian fight scenes (he should've trounced them).

Not going to complain however. It was an excellent action movie with some outstanding scenes. Great opening scene!

I feel cheated that we won't get a proper Man of Steel 2!

I watched MOS again. Nearly 3 years ago I gave this film a 7.0. I feel the same today. It is a good movie, but missed opportunities for greatness I suppose. Too dark, no fun, no color, excessive and gratuitous building demolitions, etc. Superman is more a supporting actor than a lead. The hand-held "shaky" photography still irritates me as does Superman's ridiculously long CGI cape. I need to see BvS again but I think less hand-held and a shorter cape in BvS. Zod, Jor, Lara, Faora and Martha are excellent. And the "death is its own reward" US Army dude. The opening Krypton scene is really good.

General Zod wears a leather leisure suit and has a child diddling beard and THAT'S THE END OF THE DEBATE.

general-zod.jpg

Terrence Stamp looks so bad-azz as Zod as he surveys planet Houston. Filmed nearly 40 years ago, yet stands the test of time.

:whee:

I stopped by to reset the title. However I see that's been attended to already... ;)

And back to Supes.

J.J. Abrams wrote a -script titled 'SUPERMAN FLYBY' back in 2002 - which was going to star Henry Cavill?

superman_flyby_cavill_1.jpg

Superman: Flyby, J.J. Abrams' Superman Movie

Now that may have been interesting.

So I'm watching the Elektra Director's Cut Blu-Ray, and there is a scene where Elektra goes to a pool hall to find Stick. She finds him playing pool against this hustler. But his face is familiar.

B0m5uR3.gif

Turns out the actor's name is Ian Tracey. His role in Man of Steel was 'Ludlow'.

Ludlow is a roughneck Canadian trucker

Turns out he is no stranger to comic book movies.

So I'm watching the Elektra Director's Cut Blu-Ray...

:o

From the chap who's just watched the Green Lantern: Extended Cut Blu-Ray ;)

lol

Actually, I'd give the Elektra Director's Cut a 6.0/10.0 with the extra scenes, as they add a level of spiritualism and mysticism I never picked up on before with the Theatrical Cut.

What I didn't realize was the film was based on the Wolverine-Elektra: The Redeemer by Greg Rucka.