• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Frazetta Motherload
7 7

571 posts in this topic

Did anyone here take a chance on the ungraded signed Vampirella that closed yesterday?

I didn't see it. Do you have a link?

Nevermind. Found it.

Why does the COA say "specimen" on it? How would someone even know it belonged to that book?

Edited by wombat

I assumed that was a sample COA, unsure really. I am no expert on signatures but the use of the first name seems out of place here. I also spent the afternoon pulling the CGC data for all Creepy, Eerie, and Vampirella covers - officially hooked.

I assumed that was a sample COA, unsure really. I am no expert on signatures but the use of the first name seems out of place here. I also spent the afternoon pulling the CGC data for all Creepy, Eerie, and Vampirella covers - officially hooked.

Some of the best covers and stories in comics.

Seems odd that if someone was going to include a COA they wouldn't put a picture of the actual COA. Who knows. At first glance the sig looks legit.

They were in the Beverly Hills Auction Just type in Warren in the search block.

Some good prices, I got sidetracked and did not bid.. :frustrated:

I was really only interested in a couple issues that I don't have signed, but I will survive..

Given how long the last three days of auctions were its easy to get sidetracked. Over 8 hours of auctions just yesterday.

The Creepy 9 is odd to me. A 9.8 but with writing on an interior page. I love this cover and there is only one other 9.8 in the registry (as I recall) but I may be resigning myself to solid but not top copies given the cost savings.

Edited by cstojano

Yup, there is just one other 9.8 #9, and I know where it is...

It's sitting right next the only 9.8 #9 that is signed, ;)

creepy9_9.8.jpg

You are my hero. (worship) I have to relegate myself to lowly 9.0' s and 9.2's.

Anytime you want to sell the undercopies, I'm your man.

Edited by oakman29