• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Frazetta Motherload
7 7

571 posts in this topic

As much as I would like to have a Frazetta signed book, I can't pull the trigger.

I was able to pick up two Giclees, 2 years ago, both framed signed and numbered.

To me, those were better pick ups for the money than 1 signed book.

But then again, It's all about what floats your boat.

Edited by stippy52

That is a different one, the price yesterday was 7995. I've been warned off C/OW page quality books, which is why I asked about it before. On one hand, you never will see the pages in this thing right? On the other hand, it may indicate a serious state of decline inside. I don't know.

Edited by cstojano

Someone bought the Vampi #5!

Anyone on the boards?

Vampi5sold_zpspeba2qc6.jpg

Is this the same one that is currently for sale on Amazon for $5,995?

That one has been up on Amazon for a really long time. I've seen it on Craigslist before as well.

As much as I would like to have a Frazetta signed book, I can't pull the trigger.

I was able to pick up two Giclees, 2 years ago, both framed signed and numbered.

To me, those were better pick ups for the money than 1 signed book.

But then again, It's all about what floats your boat.

Yes you can buy lithos and portfolios with verified sigs for a few hundred dollars. I think the KK portfolio can be had for a little over a hundred dollars, signed (and with a better signature IMO).

Since I missed out on Frazetta's "At the Earth's Core" original art that went for $1,075,500 last August, I will just have to settle on a Frazetta SS book.

Bloodstone only sold for 65k at the last signature sale. Consensus seems to be that was a steal, but that's less than Makmorn's run at dealer prices ;)

Here is a thread I started in the SS forum. Some good information in there.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8208084&fpart=1

Thanks, just found that thread. Shame the search function doesn't go back more than a year. Nice to see the sources of some of these books that seem to have come around again. I wonder if the Creepy 27 9.6 I bought was the same that sold on ebay for pretty much the exact same price I won it for.

Here is a thread I started in the SS forum. Some good information in there.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8208084&fpart=1

Thanks, just found that thread. Shame the search function doesn't go back more than a year. Nice to see the sources of some of these books that seem to have come around again. I wonder if the Creepy 27 9.6 I bought was the same that sold on ebay for pretty much the exact same price I won it for.

You can go back two years I think. You should have to do one year at a time.