• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,172 posts in this topic

On 6/21/2019 at 3:12 PM, mrwoogieman said:

Got a message this morning on a completed sale, it didn't start off too promising:

The postman left it out in the rain. :facepalm:

Then it continued:

I appreciate you packaging it so well. That's what saved it. Thanks again.

:applause:

With the way it has been raining on Long Island in the last few months, I cringe as soon as a sentence begins with The postman left it out. 

1 hour ago, Ditko37 said:

Hi all. I'm about to sell my first swath of CGC books on eBay, and was wondering if there was a FAQ/"guide" to selling CGC books on eBay that someone could link me to? Or a nifty thread/post that has some rock-solid advice on how to post on eBay, shipping tips, etc.

Thanks!

Blake

My advice: ship immediately.  Do not argue.  Make customer satisfaction job one.  Pack well.   I've always had 100% feedback and repeat customers using this strategem.

Edited by kav

Just now, Buzzetta said:

With the way it has been raining on Long Island in the last few months, I cringe as soon as a sentence begins with The postman left it out. 

I thought the postman always rings twice um ring ring?

10 minutes ago, Bird said:

Don’t forget to cancel your auctions tonight if you don’t want them to renew tomorrow

Auctions are renewing, too, now? I thought it was just those 30 day Bin thingys? Is this something else I've missed?

Just now, skypinkblu said:

Auctions are renewing, too, now? I thought it was just those 30 day Bin thingys? Is this something else I've missed?

No I miss spoke sorry

bins

I messaged a UK seller about a book on Friday. Their asking price is a little steep IMO by about 20%. Asked if they have any room to move on price. Received a response:

"We think it's competitively priced with other similar books listed 400-800 range."

There are literally no other books on the market... The ones that have sold went for about 25% less than their BIN price... Idk wtf they're looking at. Just trying to hose out some extra revenue I guess.

Put in an offer on a SA ASM that was listed for $125.  It was a low offer but not one I would consider lowball. I expected a counter closer to the asking price, but he accepted my offer.  Now I am wondering if I missed something in the pics.  Or maybe I just got luckyish.  The sell price was in the lower range of what these go for. 

5 minutes ago, Spidey 62 said:

Put in an offer on a SA ASM that was listed for $125.  It was a low offer but not one I would consider lowball. I expected a counter closer to the asking price, but he accepted my offer.  Now I am wondering if I missed something in the pics.  Or maybe I just got luckyish.  The sell price was in the lower range of what these go for. 

Just be cautiously optimistic.

I've sent in the same type of "low, but not insulting" Best Offers and had the same surprise of being immediately accepted. It's rare, but it happens. Hopefully you get what you are expecting!

7 hours ago, csaag said:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/taxes-import-charges?id=4121

several states are eligible to have state taxes collected as 01July 

Is this as a buyer or seller? To clarify my question. If i live in one of the states (Pennsylvania) that requires sales tax to be collected, but i buy from a seller in a state that does not require sales tax (Georgia). Will i be charged sales tax? 

12 minutes ago, wolverine180 said:

Is this as a buyer or seller? To clarify my question. If i live in one of the states (Pennsylvania) that requires sales tax to be collected, but i buy from a seller in a state that does not require sales tax (Georgia). Will i be charged sales tax? 

if yoir the seller then ebay is going to collect the sales tax automatically...from the buyer

if you buy from a state with no slaes tax then no sales tax...

that's my understanding...texas starts october 1st.... weighing in at 8.25% :eek: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

if yoir the seller then ebay is going to collect the sales tax automatically...

that's my understanding...texas starts october 1st.... weighing in at 8.25% :eek: 

Thank you for the quick reply and clarification. I thought the same, but figured best to double check. 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

if yoir the seller then ebay is going to collect the sales tax automatically...from the buyer

sales tax will be charged to your buyer @wolverine180 not you being charged

53 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The second sentence is incorrect. If you are buying an item and the state you LIVE in has a sales tax, you will be charged XX%. Doesn't matter if the state you are buying from doesn't have sales tax.