• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,172 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Bird said:

I have done one and it didn't go well at all. No sales from it. I think it is only available to stores though.

Not just stores. I did something similar with about 100 blu-rays. Sold about 80 before eBay pulled the plug because apparently, those listing types are only to be used for a single item, like a towel, with variations (like size and color). Although I suppose listing 100 different issues of FF counts as a “single item” with variations. Idk. 

4 minutes ago, alexanderjk said:

Not just stores. I did something similar with about 100 blu-rays. Sold about 80 before eBay pulled the plug because apparently, those listing types are only to be used for a single item, like a towel, with variations (like size and color). Although I suppose listing 100 different issues of FF counts as a “single item” with variations. Idk. 

I had a store for free for two months and this was easy to do. I can never figure it out without a store though. (shrug)

I love when I'm being forced to change something that wasn't broken. It's always for my benefit.

All eBay sellers will progressively be required to transition to managed payments in the coming months.

Managed payments offers more ways for buyers to pay with credit, debit and gift cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal and PayPal Credit. Payouts will be automatically deposited to your bank account.

http://view.seller.ebay.com/?qs=de9f2ba3f78a172d91373af9429cdbc86330ea69f036a6db8c1c442cc793143c0d9d2c9732f1453adb54a3b0986e667b20393071a89b7af88453447007ded499588b31056afa8c69768db500b7e15720

So if it's "managed payments"...

Buyer makes the first payment, couple of days late on the 2nd payment then wants a full refund on the t3rd month

That's potentially 3 months time wasted....

It's great as a responsible buyer, but then potential potential potentially bad as a seller....

I assume as the current payment options, the time payments cost more.... so maybe the seller will potentially get more money out of it by offering time payments?

On 8/6/2019 at 7:46 AM, alexanderjk said:

They must have taken Friday and Monday off too, because still no invoice. 

might be on vacation - you've done all you can do really.

or there is a chance you got the 168 at a price they weren't happy with so they went radio silent hoping to just cancel the deal. What was your winning bid on the DD 168? Many have reported this type of reaction by sellers on ebay in the past.

19 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I love when I'm being forced to change something that wasn't broken. It's always for my benefit.

All eBay sellers will progressively be required to transition to managed payments in the coming months.

Managed payments offers more ways for buyers to pay with credit, debit and gift cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal and PayPal Credit. Payouts will be automatically deposited to your bank account.

http://view.seller.ebay.com/?qs=de9f2ba3f78a172d91373af9429cdbc86330ea69f036a6db8c1c442cc793143c0d9d2c9732f1453adb54a3b0986e667b20393071a89b7af88453447007ded499588b31056afa8c69768db500b7e15720

ebay lay-a-way ! Yay!

5 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

might be on vacation - you've done all you can do really.

or there is a chance you got the 168 at a price they weren't happy with so they went radio silent hoping to just cancel the deal. What was your winning bid on the DD 168? Many have reported this type of reaction by sellers on ebay in the past.

They finally invoiced me a full week later. No communication. Must have felt bad about the delay because they shipped Priority (versus the original Media) and I got the books in two days. 

Took a chance on the pics and the inexperienced seller and bid $140 on the 168. Looks like a 9.4, at least, but might post pics in the PGM thread this weekend to get a second opinion.

3 hours ago, alexanderjk said:

They finally invoiced me a full week later. No communication. Must have felt bad about the delay because they shipped Priority (versus the original Media) and I got the books in two days. 

Took a chance on the pics and the inexperienced seller and bid $140 on the 168. Looks like a 9.4, at least, but might post pics in the PGM thread this weekend to get a second opinion.

Glad it worked out for you. 168 has eluded me for some time and will continue to do so at the current price levels. Same for 131.... the other DDs I need to complete the portion of the series I collect are all #7 and below after that though - also unlikely to be in my collection any time soon.

If I were sending a book that expensive, I would also be using Priority mail plus insurance for certain. It is sometimes risky dealing with sellers who use media mail even though some here swear by it. I cannot see the point of saving a few bucks for what that mail can potentially go through. It is not treated well by the post office all the time.

11 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

Glad it worked out for you. 168 has eluded me for some time and will continue to do so at the current price levels. Same for 131.... the other DDs I need to complete the portion of the series I collect are all #7 and below after that though - also unlikely to be in my collection any time soon.

If I were sending a book that expensive, I would also be using Priority mail plus insurance for certain. It is sometimes risky dealing with sellers who use media mail even though some here swear by it. I cannot see the point of saving a few bucks for what that mail can potentially go through. It is not treated well by the post office all the time.

Totally agree with you about shipping, and I was relieved that they came to their senses regarding Media vs. Priority.

Congrats on the Daredevil collection! Mine is only complete from 161-300, 131 and 158 keys, and a handful of sub-100. (Although I’m debating selling everything except the keys because the thought of needing another 100+ books, including 1-8, is pretty daunting.) 

Keep an eye on those auctions for 131 and 168. Picked up a high grade raw 131 for $85 that should press to a 9.0, minimum. Good timing and bit of luck, I think.

Anyone ever encounter something like this before?

While we were on vacation my son noticed a delivery confirmation alert for a package he bought through eBay,

It was supposed to be held as we have put in a vacation hold but somehow got delivered.

When he got home the next day there was no sign of it so we assumed it got porch pirated.

He went to our local post office and talked to a supervisor who ended up finding out at the address for the delivery confirmation was our house,

but the shipping label was to a totally different address.

He had put in for an eBay refund but got denied because a shipper had delivery confirmation proof.

When he explained about the difference on the shipping label ,they offered him a courtesy refund if he get them a copy of the police report.

Ok I'm really upset with Ebay right now. Currently I am bidding on a book and the auction ends tonight. There are 4 bidders on the book including myself. I'm bored so I click on the other bidders info and look at their 30 day summary. One bidder has retracted 7 bids within the last 6 months and another has 10. W.T.F.??? Why is ebay allowing these insufficiently_thoughtful_person's to do this? Aren't there any repercussions for retracted bids? 

9 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Ok I'm really upset with Ebay right now. Currently I am bidding on a book and the auction ends tonight. There are 4 bidders on the book including myself. I'm bored so I click on the other bidders info and look at their 30 day summary. One bidder has retracted 7 bids within the last 6 months and another has 10. W.T.F.??? Why is ebay allowing these insufficiently_thoughtful_person's to do this? Aren't there any repercussions for retracted bids? 

I have seen this many times and agree they should not allow a lot of this activity.  Sure a couple as we all make mistakes , but just the other day I saw one that had 26 in the last 30 days and they were all on comics , while their normal bidding activities were on coins which to me looks like shill bidding. There should be consequences for this , but Ebay gets to pocket the money from these inflated prices. 

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I have seen this many times and agree they should not allow a lot of this activity.  Sure a couple as we all make mistakes , but just the other day I saw one that had 26 in the last 30 days and they were all on comics , while their normal bidding activities were on coins which to me looks like shill bidding. There should be consequences for this , but Ebay gets to pocket the money from these inflated prices. 

There used to be a rule about no more than 3 withdrawn bids in a year, but they are terribly lax about that stuff lately. I call them sometimes when I have a bidder who withdraws on something I have up. I don't want it to look like I've got shill bidders. Sometimes they promise to do something, sometimes not.

I think most of those withdrawn bids are to find the top bid of the high bidders. 

A new scam. 

Or maybe not so new and I just found out about it.

I purchased a small Lego set on eBay. It arrived last Thursday, in an eBay bag, totally crushed. So I sent pictures to the seller and got a refund (it was a cheap set).

Today I get a notice from PP saying the refund was canceled by the seller. I look at my eBay and the item was canceled by the seller. There is a note from eBay (you have to search for it because the item was hidden once it was canceled) to confirm the cancellation, only there is NO way to say I didn't agree to cancel it.

So I called, even though it was under $10, I was annoyed. Apparently this is a scam figured out by some lovely crooks. The eBay rep said they are very aware of this scam (you'd think they would fix the loophole;) 

I'll be leaving negative feedback as soon as I get refunded by eBay.

What a waste of time.

On 8/22/2019 at 9:09 AM, skypinkblu said:

A new scam. 

Or maybe not so new and I just found out about it.

I purchased a small Lego set on eBay. It arrived last Thursday, in an eBay bag, totally crushed. So I sent pictures to the seller and got a refund (it was a cheap set).

Today I get a notice from PP saying the refund was canceled by the seller. I look at my eBay and the item was canceled by the seller. There is a note from eBay (you have to search for it because the item was hidden once it was canceled) to confirm the cancellation, only there is NO way to say I didn't agree to cancel it.

So I called, even though it was under $10, I was annoyed. Apparently this is a scam figured out by some lovely crooks. The eBay rep said they are very aware of this scam (you'd think they would fix the loophole;) 

I'll be leaving negative feedback as soon as I get refunded by eBay.

What a waste of time.

Seems like a lot of work to just try to scam someone out of less than $10.

I just got blocked from bidding by a seller after asking questions about the spines or if the pages seemed brittle on a couple of lower grade books for which they provided only a couple of small photos and no grades or descriptions (books where the bidding is at a few hundred dollars). 

Apparently the seller didn't feel their response was dissuasive enough.

"I appreciate your interest in our auctions, however, I'm not a comic expert, we are selling the comics as is. I'm not going to open myself up to folks saying I said one thing and it's another just because people have differences on opinion of condition. Probably best to pass on our auctions so you're not disappointed, thanks."

:eyeroll: