• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,172 posts in this topic

A buyer mistakenly left me negative feedback intended for a different seller. He quickly replied to my request for revision and completed the process, but after about 12 hours, it's still on my profile. For anyone who has received revised feedback, how long did it take to show on your feedback profile?

2 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

A buyer mistakenly left me negative feedback intended for a different seller. He quickly replied to my request for revision and completed the process, but after about 12 hours, it's still on my profile. For anyone who has received revised feedback, how long did it take to show on your feedback profile?

Call eBay they should take care of it 

was having a devil of a time trying to find out how to leave feedback for a returned item-everywhere I googled said it cannot be done.  Finally found the solution this page just click on the leave feedback on box on right:
https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback.html

Screenshot 2020-08-11 at 12.26.04 AM.png

On 8/8/2020 at 7:14 AM, littledoom said:

Call eBay they should take care of it 

@DavidTheDavid you cant call ebay but you can go to help and open chat window via the contact us page:
https://www.ebay.com/help/call_us?type=ContactUs&initFrom=HOME&topicId=4000&l1label=Buying

Edited by kav

Ok, I'm new to the boards and going to sell a part of my collection on eBay.  Read a few related threads and didn't see exactly what I was wondering.

Just wondering what everyone thinks about listing specific grades for books nowadays?  I grade conservatively and want to be somewhat accurate to cut down on returns.  Do phrases like "I don't guarantee grade" in the description help if there's someone who wasn't happy with the purchase?  Or does eBay always side with the buyer no matter what you do?  Is it better to just not list a grade overall?

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Aethnen said:

Ok, I'm new to the boards and going to sell a part of my collection on eBay.  Read a few related threads and didn't see exactly what I was wondering.

Just wondering what everyone thinks about listing specific grades for books nowadays?  I grade conservatively and want to be somewhat accurate to cut down on returns.  Do phrases like "I don't guarantee grade" in the description help if there's someone who wasn't happy with the purchase?  Or does eBay always side with the buyer no matter what you do?  Is it better to just not list a grade overall?

Thanks!

If you know the grade and can grade accurately put the grade in the title.. if you don't leave it blank.. but in either case ebay almost always sides w the buyer if tier not satisfied for whatever reason. That's why taking detailed pictures are very very important 

26 minutes ago, Aethnen said:

Thanks!

I just had this discussion with a friend. As a seller/collector of comics, for someone who has experience, you should be able to grade to a degree where you can assign an approximate grade just to give the buyer something to go off. These sellers on ebay who tell people to look at the pictures and do not provide clear pictures should be ashamed of themselves and should be avoided as much as possible unless you feel like taking a risk. Sometimes it is worth it. All i ask from a seller is to assign some type of reasonable grade. The grade for most collectors is one of the most important parts of collecting. How can you not assign a grade?

52 minutes ago, Aethnen said:

Thanks!

Ebay has both its ups and downs.  That said if you do have good scans , grades, and an idea of how much you want for them a better option may be to start a sales thread here on the boards and what ever doesn't sell then move over to Ebay.

1 hour ago, TDKR said:

I just had this discussion with a friend. As a seller/collector of comics, for someone who has experience, you should be able to grade to a degree where you can assign an approximate grade just to give the buyer something to go off. These sellers on ebay who tell people to look at the pictures and do not provide clear pictures should be ashamed of themselves and should be avoided as much as possible unless you feel like taking a risk. Sometimes it is worth it. All i ask from a seller is to assign some type of reasonable grade. The grade for most collectors is one of the most important parts of collecting. How can you not assign a grade?

I rarely ever buy the grade more than I buy the book

16 minutes ago, littledoom said:

I rarely ever buy the grade more than I buy the book

I wish i still had that in me but unfortunately i buy now not only because i love the books but for investment purposes as well. 

1 hour ago, wombat said:

Did dylan start a new account?

1 hour ago, wombat said:

WTF is this guy serious? I just sent him a message. I don't think he's going to like it.

6 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

Won an auction for SW lot.

Shipping was $9.60.

Package arrived "postage due" for $8.65.

Seller told me to pay it and he will get that to me.

Wrong, back it went:hi:

How does that even happen? 

Sorry if this is a repeat question - So the flippertools site to look up actual selling prices of feebay books is down?

From their website:

"Update 7-29-20: This service is currently down to abuse. If you are running a bot, please contact us at flippertools@gmail.com otherwise this service will be down permanently as eBay is now actively blocking due to excessive queries."

Anyone know of another place to find actual selling prices of feebay books (especially BIN/BO books)?