• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantasy bidding on Heritage May auction - Book Selection

Fantasy picks - multiple choice  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Fantasy picks - multiple choice

19 posts in this topic

There's Golden Age, Silver Age and art in the featured auction on 5/13. What sounds better, bidding on GA, SA and art picks or a few GA picks? Bidding on huge books that you normally may not bid on could be fun, but bidding on obscure/rare GA could be challenging. SA books can be more predictable based on GPA, but then there's always a surprise like FF #52 from February :o

What do you think? Leaving this one for multiple choice and if you have an idea that you don't see a choice for, please comment :grin:

(you can vote for multiple)

Seems this is the gold forum, i'm guessing all later era's are out. Some friendly advice is, I think your idea is good, and you would have much better results in comics general. :)

Seems this is the gold forum, i'm guessing all later era's are out. Some friendly advice is, I think your idea is good, and you would have much better results in comics general. :)

I thought about this, but then I thought the good ideas would be silenced by normal CG static :blahblah:

Looks like it'll just be GA only so far... Based on the # of votes in the "anyone want to do this" thread, about a dozen more people still need to throw in their 2c

It's looking like Featured GA only is going to win by a landslide. Anyone want to play who won't if it's just GA?

Auction is still a couple months away and the catalog hasn't been sent out yet, but this makes up the Featured GA on HA:

Superman #1 Incomplete (DC, 1939) CGC PR 0.5 Off-white pages....

Captain Marvel Adventures #nn (#1) (Fawcett Publications, 1941) CGC VG/FN 5.0 Cream to off-white pages....

Wonder Woman #1 (DC, 1942) CGC VG/FN 5.0 Off-white to white pages....

Pep Comics #34 San Francisco Pedigree (MLJ, 1942) CGC NM- 9.2 Off-white to white pages....

Looks like the final list will be:

Captain Marvel Adventures #nn (#1) (Fawcett Publications, 1941) CGC VG/FN 5.0 Cream to off-white pages....

Pep Comics #34 San Francisco Pedigree (MLJ, 1942) CGC NM- 9.2 Off-white to white pages....

Superman #1 Incomplete (DC, 1939) CGC PR 0.5 Off-white pages....

Superman #1 (DC, 1939) CGC Apparent VG/FN 5.0 Moderate/Extensive (B-4) White pages....

Wonder Woman #1 (DC, 1942) CGC VG/FN 5.0 Off-white to white pages....

http://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?Ne=1058&N=52+793+794+791+1893+792+2088+4294948703+137+1060&ic4=Refine-ComicCategory-102615

Got my catalog in the mail today :)

Me too :banana:

Really happy since I got cut off for catalogs for several years so glad to have a print version to look at.

.... ours came too....... Judy always loves the catalog..... puts bookmarks on all the pages that have things she'd like if the Lottery hits. It's so nice having a gal that doesn't just roll her eyes over comics.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Really happy since I got cut off for catalogs for several years so glad to have a print version to look at.

.... ours came too....... Judy always loves the catalog..... puts bookmarks on all the pages that have things she'd like if the Lottery hits. It's so nice having a gal that doesn't just roll her eyes over comics.... GOD BLESS....

Me four… mine came today as well… I'm so happy to have one to look at. I feel special :)

Me four… mine came today as well… I'm so happy to have one to look at. I feel special :)

Not me. I just got a 4 page mailer. :(