• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4 Kids Walk into a Bank - mini series

225 posts in this topic

SDCC WCNGH was $20 ( I remember :grin: ) at the table and limited to 50 copies.

$20 for a small printed book isn't bad, but at a big con like SDCC that $20 per book adds up.

The five ghosts sets are a good example also. The first set went to mostly collectors it seems and did well on the secondary market

The set the next year had more in line to flip and didn't do as well.

I think some are thinking these 4 kids variants will flip like the SDCC ( $20 to $400 + for a raw ) but I doubt it. And there's too many flippers out there grabbing these early also.

There were only a little over 30 sold on this forum. Why do you think everyone is trying to flip them? Prices on eBay are a few bucks higher, even lower in some cases. I think people are collecting these IMO

(thumbs u

$20 for a small printed book isn't bad, but at a big con like SDCC that $20 per book adds up.

The five ghosts sets are a good example also. The first set went to mostly collectors it seems and did well on the secondary market

I think some are thinking these 4 kids variants will flip like the SDCC ( $20 to $400 + for a raw ) but I doubt it. And there's too many flippers out there grabbing these early also.

There were only a little over 30 sold on this forum. Why do you think everyone is trying to flip them? Prices on eBay are a few bucks higher, even lower in some cases. I think people are collecting these IMO

(thumbs u

Only 30+?

(thumbs u

Only 30+?

Yes, and most buyers bought 1, maybe 2.

I think I have to agree with IA on this one. I get the sense that Black Mask is pulling a classic Jim Lee by starting out hot with a title then losing interest. If there's that many more variants than issues, it stands out to me.

While I'm sure lots of people are collecting them, I can shake the feeling of a hype train rolling through town.

Jerome

I think I have to agree with IA on this one. I get the sense that Black Mask is pulling a classic Jim Lee by starting out hot with a title then losing interest. If there's that many more variants than issues, it stands out to me.

While I'm sure lots of people are collecting them, I can shake the feeling of a hype train rolling through town.

Jerome

A good portion of what's talked about in this forum is just hype.

(thumbs u

Only 30+?

So we are clear that 30+ issues have already been flipped here on the boards out of the said 200 copies.

Now how many copies have been or are being flipped on eBay that were purchased directly at the con in addition to the 30+ copies here?

Jerome

A good portion of what's talked about in this forum is just hype.

That does happen. Most commonly by the same individuals.

(thumbs u

Only 30+?

So we are clear that 30+ issues have already been flipped here on the boards out of the said 200 copies.

Now how many copies have been or are being flipped on eBay that were purchased directly at the con in addition to the 30+ copies here?

There really aren't that many being sold on eBay.

(thumbs u

Only 30+?

Well someone is going to have to do the math on that.

The con sales to boardie members are, I would argue, a special kind of flipping. I would to have access to these books if I did not have a boardie connection attending the shows and putting the boos up for sale here. I don't know if that makes sense.

And if you're talking about it that way then isn't everything on eBay being flipped?

No, not everything sold on eBay needs to be moved as fast as possible to avoid the very likely drastic loss in value.

Ever wonder why the most common sellers of variants such as these don't sit on them?

I think it's pretty clear.

And if you're talking about it that way then isn't everything on eBay being flipped?

No, not everything sold on eBay needs to be moved as fast as possible to avoid the very likely drastic loss in value.

Ever wonder why the most common sellers of variants such as these don't sit on them?

I get it for sure. I just feel as though there is a lot of negative connotations towards these books and the methods of the limited variant distribution. I obviously support these guys and I think it's great, even cool, that they are using these methods to get attention.

I get it for sure. I just feel as though there is a lot of negative connotations towards these books and the methods of the limited variant distribution. I obviously support these guys and I think it's great, even cool, that they are using these methods to get attention.

I support any independent publisher.

But why not release the comic first, THEN release the variants .....?

I support any independent publisher.

But why not release the comic first, THEN release the variants .....?

Maybe it has something to do with their sloppy distribution schedule? They might be feeling fans have been let down and really just wanted to bring some kind of hype back to the label.

Just got this message from Black Mask:

Hey, not sure why someone would think releasing special editions early is a bad thing? It is how every publisher in comics has operated for 20+ years. We release them early for a few reasons. 1) To generate hype for upcoming books. 2) Because that's when the cons are and we want to promote the books at the cons. 3) They pay for the creative team to travel. 4) Offering early versions and sneak peeks is something our fans overwhelmingly love.

Hey, not sure why someone would think releasing special editions early is a bad thing? It is how every publisher in comics has operated for 20+ years. We release them early for a few reasons. 1) To generate hype for upcoming books. 2) Because that's when the cons are and we want to promote the books at the cons. 3) They pay for the creative team to travel. 4) Offering early versions and sneak peeks is something our fans overwhelmingly love.

LIL WAYNE photo 62pq8v7-1.gif

Damn quick response. And they ain't hiding the hype!