• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4 Kids Walk into a Bank - mini series

225 posts in this topic

I liked WCNGH, the only 1st prints I got were the #1 Phantom variant Bad Brains cover (which like all Phantoms are hardly worth the paper they're printed on), and #5. The rest I picked up were 2nd or 3rd prints just to read it and I really liked the story.

However, God Killer and Young Terrorists didn't do anything for me and I still haven't made it all the way Clandestino #1 which I bought the day it came out.

Black Mask does a horrible job of sticking to a release schedule, but does a fine job of getting as many different variants and printings out of WCNGH as possible.

And I'll still be buying 4 Kids Walk Into A Bank when it hits the LCS coz I'm a sucker like that

Just got this message from Black Mask:

Hey, not sure why someone would think releasing special editions early is a bad thing? It is how every publisher in comics has operated for 20+ years. We release them early for a few reasons. 1) To generate hype for upcoming books. 2) Because that's when the cons are and we want to promote the books at the cons. 3) They pay for the creative team to travel. 4) Offering early versions and sneak peeks is something our fans overwhelmingly love.

Nice of him to respond. I have had Beachbum get me the first two convention specials, and will continue to do so throughout the season. I just hope they have one for every major con. I never quite get the attitude that we want the creators to create, but only if WE make money on them. If they make money it is a bad thing (and most of them are not rich, I don't think). I will happily pay what I pay Beachbum for 1) the convenience of doing all the work for me and 2) helping support the creators so they CAN create. Not everyone feels that way apparently, and that's fine too. Just don't buy them. But why try and criticize the creators for doing what they are supposed to do? Of course, it is always the same guys on there that do so. Anyway, thanks Black Mask, I enjoy your product!

Yeah.....creators should create new STORIES, not new VARIANTS. If BM feels that variants are keeping them afloat, that's their decision. It's clearly worked for them in the past 3 months. lol

But I want new COMICS, not new VARIANTS.

Yep. The creators are going to create create create create create, and the haters are going to hate, hate, hate, hate, hate :whistle: that more represents that you need to sing along.

Hey, not sure why someone would think releasing special editions early is a bad thing? It is how every publisher in comics has operated for 20+ years. We release them early for a few reasons. 1) To generate hype for upcoming books. 2) Because that's when the cons are and we want to promote the books at the cons. 3) They pay for the creative team to travel. 4) Offering early versions and sneak peeks is something our fans overwhelmingly love.

Nice of him to respond. I have had Beachbum get me the first two convention specials, and will continue to do so throughout the season. I just hope they have one for every major con. I never quite get the attitude that we want the creators to create, but only if WE make money on them. If they make money it is a bad thing (and most of them are not rich, I don't think). I will happily pay what I pay Beachbum for 1) the convenience of doing all the work for me and 2) helping support the creators so they CAN create. Not everyone feels that way apparently, and that's fine too. Just don't buy them. But why try and criticize the creators for doing what they are supposed to do? Of course, it is always the same guys on there that do so. Anyway, thanks Black Mask, I enjoy your product!

+1. Well said

I see that +1 and raise +1

+1. Well said

I see that +1 and raise +1

image_zpsaenkmyoi.jpeg

Does anyone want to talk about the fact that the first issue is actually really very enjoyable...? Or does that not matter as much as the variant covers, and the publisher's distribution model...?

Can't read the book as it actually hasn't hit my LCS yet........

But please share your opinion on it !

Does anyone want to talk about the fact that the first issue is actually really very enjoyable...? Or does that not matter as much as the variant covers, and the publisher's distribution model...?

First issue is great. Hip, slick, & cool. Made me laugh out loud a few times and that's hard to do in comics.

I'm hoping its a good read. I enjoyed WCNGH and hoping Matt can hit again. Court, did you get a chance to read it?

I preordered a couple copies of issue 1 to help the creators out but will stay away from the variants.

Now, we're cooking with fire!

I'm hoping its a good read. I enjoyed WCNGH and hoping Matt can hit again. Court, did you get a chance to read it?

I preordered a couple copies of issue 1 to help the creators out but will stay away from the variants.

I believe you will thoroughly enjoy it sir

Court, did you get a chance to read it?

Yes, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It did have some laugh-out-loud moments in the beginning, and then the serious bits had a really cool mood and vibe to them. Very fun, and definitely looking forward to issue 2.

Court, did you get a chance to read it?

Yes, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It did have some laugh-out-loud moments in the beginning, and then the serious bits had a really cool mood and vibe to them. Very fun, and definitely looking forward to issue 2.

Awesome! I'll give it a read at Emerald City next week.

Are you setting up at ECCC?

Sure, how's issue #2? What's that? Oh, come back in 6 months you say?