• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need references on Albert Moy

93 posts in this topic

+1 - bought several pieces from Albert. Done short time payments with him too - very easy to deal with.

Never had a problem with his shipping - the cardboard he uses is 1/4 inch thick and the art always inside in a protective sleeve with plenty of margin at the corners. Had numerous pieces delivered safely from him this way. Not saying it's perfect or accident proof, but I've not had art shipped to me in a safer method that I can recall.

That's who we are talking about him sending the PDF to. My point was, sending an "instructional PDF", as part of your first communication with an art dealer may not go as well as hoped. lol

Yeah. I think some of the new kids would be savvy to that, others may have to learn trial-by-fire style ;)

I, personally, like to have a simple conversation with the guys I buy from. I let them know my expectations and I may share some of my horror stories of artwork that was ill-packed (John Byrne cover slipped into a mailed with no protection and turned into an accordion for example, Gene Colan folding a DD splash page in half so it fit into the priority mail box), and then make sure they are picking up what I am laying down.

That PDF may give off a more insulting vibe than was intended, that's all.

Again, I hear you and basically agree. But I think there's a better way than having numerous one-off conversations specific to the dialogue two individuals create over a unique object at any particular time and place. Been there, done that. And it's exhausting, if you're taking in over 1000 packages a year as I am. Can you imagine if I tried to have a "simple conversation" for every one of them? Not happening. So I've taken the wait and see approach and have the canned F-A-I-L e-mail ready to go. But that's still reactive. Proactive is even better, where a marriage of what you do and what I'm thinking (YouTube) can produce a simple "Hey, if you don't feel comfortable packing this stuff (cuz you normally sell logo coffee mugs!) then check this video out..." We can call it "simple, canned, proactive"?

However and ultimately - 220px-YouCantFixStupid.jpg

And it's exhausting, if you're taking in over 1000 packages a year as I am

I blew past this initially, but Dayuuuummmm.....that's 3 packages a day every day that you can get deliveries....6 days a week, every week....

That's a lot of artwork.....and the shipping...just the shipping cost on a thousand packages is 5 figures easily.

I'm still waiting for Albert to return my 2 emails and one phone call from October 2015.

I've hit and missed with email too - you might just try calling back. Like anyone, he's busy -sometimes a follow up call once a week until you catch him never hurts. (thumbs u

I blew past this initially, but Dayuuuummmm.....that's 3 packages a day every day that you can get deliveries....6 days a week, every week....

That's a lot of artwork.....and the shipping...just the shipping cost on a thousand packages is 5 figures easily.

... and that was all I read in the post before I was derailed. 1000 package a year?!?!?!?!

Michael---surely, you were talking hyperbolically? Unless you meant that a business you are associated with receives that many packages.

Michael---surely, you were talking hyperbolically? Unless you meant that a business you are associated with receives that many packages.

And let me just say, I am so proud of each and every one of you guys.

You all read that sentence.....

"...if you're taking in 1,000 packages a year, as I am."

and not one of you made it sound dirty.

:applause:

Not all artwork. But certainly the same sort of money (broadly). It's my occupation.

+1 - bought several pieces from Albert. Done short time payments with him too - very easy to deal with.

Never had a problem with his shipping - the cardboard he uses is 1/4 inch thick and the art always inside in a protective sleeve with plenty of margin at the corners. Had numerous pieces delivered safely from him this way. Not saying it's perfect or accident proof, but I've not had art shipped to me in a safer method that I can recall.

+1

Albert is great for International shipping too - he uses FedEx Priority, priced very reasonably (about $50), I've only got a few pieces from him, everything was simply perfect (thumbs u

I was proud too...until...you.

:devil:

11529-right-turn-arrow-warning-sticker.png

I was proud too...until...you.

:devil:

Mine's in quotes...totally doesn't count.

I totally forgot how Gene Colan used to fold his commissions to fit them in the priority mail box. Not creasing them, just having them pressed loose against the box. Insulated with a ton of cigar smoke.

As the injured party, I say different lol

With 1,000 packages being taken in annually, I'd be shocked if there wasn't some kind of injury.

I totally forgot how Gene Colan used to fold his commissions to fit them in the priority mail box. Not creasing them, just having them pressed loose against the box. Insulated with a ton of cigar smoke.

Mine was a splash page from DD...I think he was fighting Doom on it. I 'd have to check. It's been a long time. Only one side got a crease to it, but the whole thing got the cigar-coating.

As the injured party, I say different lol

With 1,000 packages being taken in annually, I'd be shocked if there wasn't some kind of injury.

:o

oh, wait, you said annually. Well, that's different :makepoint:

Damn autocorrect! :frustrated: