• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2021 at 1:03 PM, Larryw7 said:

Hopefully they put that on Blu-ray. The 1943 Batman serial is in pretty shoddy condition, they need to remaster that one.

As much as I wish they would, it's unlikely to happen. Pretty sure the way the Japanese were portrayed would cause a Twitter :censored: fest, and they would pull the release.

On 9/18/2021 at 1:23 PM, Bosco685 said:

I'm good with them keeping this story as secret as possible. Tired of the excessive trailer releases that at times give away far too much.

True, they need to find a good middle ground on trailers. I wanted to share the trailer for Upgrade with my brother today after I posted about it and I watched that trailer for the first time and it reveals nearly the entire kitchen fight. I wanted him to go in cold on this movie so I nixed it. Man of Steel did it right with a great teaser followed by trailers that didn’t give away too much. At least the first few that I remember. I didn’t watch all the tv spots.

I am also very interested in this.  One of the comic series I thoroughly enjoyed years ago was Batman Black and White.  I do believe that you can have many tales of Batman that do not have to fit into a proper movie continuity. 

I had one thought though and I could not place my finger on it until I just sat down to watch the latest episode of "What If?"

I do not think that Jeffery Wright was miscast as Commissioner Gordon.  What I do believe is if he is going to speak in the movie the way his voice overs for the trailers are indicating is that he was misdirected.  Wright has a very unique voice and it serves him very well when he wants to use the "God" side of his voice such as The Watcher in What If.  Wright also has a more 'civilian' voice that he has used in films like Syriana and the Bond among others.  If he is using the "God" voice in The Batman, I wonder how that will affect the tone in his scenes and exactly what they are going for here.

It looks like a crime noir film but there are other segments that don't seem to fit. 

I actually want this film to succeed so there are more standalone Batman movies with a variety of actors. 

Thoughts?  Or am I losing my mind from the constant barrage of trying to post between 500 errors.  I am learning to copy and past my response to a thread each time before I submit in case I have to write it again.  :(

On 9/25/2021 at 11:36 AM, Buzzetta said:

One of the comic series I thoroughly enjoyed years ago was Batman Black and White.

This was gifted to me from the X-Mas exchange. Enjoyable, indeed.

The Batman will allegedly be narrated a lot. If that includes Gordon narrating his own story, it could be well done.

On 9/27/2021 at 8:42 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

This was gifted to me from the X-Mas exchange. Enjoyable, indeed.

The Batman will allegedly be narrated a lot. If that includes Gordon narrating his own story, it could be well done.

That would make sense then.  If Gordon is narrating a Batman story then that voice fits well reminiscent of #300 and serves the noir narrative.  

If not...