• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 2/28/2022 at 2:51 PM, davidpg said:

I'll genuinely try!  Considering I hated all the Batman movies EXCEPT BvS, I'm pretty sure I know how this'll play out.

All you can do is go into any movie with fresh eyes and ears. Worst-case, it just doesn't work for you.

Hopefully this does for the both of us. :cheers:

On 2/28/2022 at 3:36 PM, paperheart said:

"But nothing that works here adds up to anything worth a long slog in a movie theater, watching Pattinson punching guys and knocking guns out of their hands. From start to finish, “The Batman” is mostly just a collection of bad ideas."

I have feeling this review is BS. All those positives coming from multiple outlets including even some that note parts don't work for them yet most of the movie does - and NOTHING WORKS HERE??

Yeah. Try again.

On sites like Superhero Hype, it seems like there's a rivalry between Snyder fans and other fans. I don't get it. I like Burton, I like Nolan, I like Snyder, and I'll probably like this. The comics are full of different creators with their own vision, why can't the movies have that same variety? 

On 2/28/2022 at 4:54 PM, Larryw7 said:

On sites like Superhero Hype, it seems like there's a rivalry between Snyder fans and other fans. I don't get it. I like Burton, I like Nolan, I like Snyder, and I'll probably like this. The comics are full of different creators with their own vision, why can't the movies have that same variety? 

It is crazy how fractured WB Studios has made DC fandom.

I'm seeing the same thing far in advance of the movie release. The more toxic Snyder fans were posting that Robert Pattinson and Zoe Karvirtz got carried away while filming and had sex on the Batmobile so WB was working to fire Matt Reeves for allowing this as he filmed on. Talk about an a-hole move posting garbage like that.

I blame an idiotic and horribly managed studio. Unfortunately, fan frustration leads to in-fighting between them.

On 2/28/2022 at 4:34 PM, rexinnih said:

I know I will see this, not in the theater but when it hits home, but in the back of my mind, it's another non-DCU or whatever, not connected Batman movie only released because it's a Batman movie. $$  I at least applaud the MCU for trying to connect movies. 

Disney Pausing Theatrical Releases In Russia Following Invasion Of Ukraine; ‘The Batman’ Still Opening Despite Economic Sanctions

Edited by paperheart