• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2022 at 3:46 PM, William-James88 said:

Man I forget how well Batman V Superman did at the box office. But then again, Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker both did incredibly well as did Transformers Dark of the Moon so a film's success has nothing to do with what I think of it :) 

That is the first time I have ever heard that box office philosophy.

Spoiler

:shy:

MCU_Accounting.JPG.c712b2ade7faba5c1eb4227ce010c40d.JPG

On 3/9/2022 at 2:12 PM, Bosco685 said:

Seriously, you are taking this way personal like Zack Snyder did something to you. Yet there are many fans excited about the contributions he made across Man of Steel, Batman v Superman and the Snyder Cut along with all the casting he put in place (Jason Momoa, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, etc.). Why you are so deadset in attacking his work demonstrates the fanaticism that happens when folks just want to hate on such creators and their films.

Calling his movies 'underperformers' when I can clearly demonstrate reality only further confirms you are just restating misinformation just to hate on the guy. That's an unhealthy mindset.

DC_MCU_1st6.thumb.png.cd90126f282268ade6506bcc70edaa6f.png

Compare the first 6 films of the MCU to the first six of the DCEU and guess how mathematically ignorant WB Studio executives were because they responded to emotional hate versus facts? That's how goofy those 'leaders' are in mishandling their own DC portfolio of films. And that's even with the horrible Josstice League results.

Why do you keep saying I'm taking this personal? Because I stated that he is bad a bad director with a filmography that supports that position? That sounds like you are taking offense. I'm still waiting for anyone to put forth a serious post that gives any credence to the idea that he is a visionary director. Nobody can come up with any words, just emojis and memes, childish nonsense. Where's the discussion? Isn't that why we are here? 

You can post all the charts and graphs you want (you comparison up there conveniently ignores the overall economic climate disparity that existed between the two arbitrary windows of time you used for comparison), if his movies had met or exceeded WB's expectations he would still be steering the DC ship. Guy got banished to the phantom zone and is stuck making Netflix originals.:roflmao:

Also an unhealthy mindset would be you posting here everyday for hours on end about movie financials and Hollywood gossip. Truly bizarre stuff. 

On 3/9/2022 at 6:04 PM, darkstar said:

Why do you keep saying I'm taking this personal? Because I stated that he is bad a bad director with a filmography that supports that position? That sounds like you are taking offense. I'm still waiting for anyone to put forth a serious post that gives any credence to the idea that he is a visionary director. Nobody can come up with any words, just emojis and memes, childish nonsense. Where's the discussion? Isn't that why we are here? 

You can post all the charts and graphs you want (you comparison up there conveniently ignores the overall economic climate disparity that existed between the two arbitrary windows of time you used for comparison), if his movies had met or exceeded WB's expectations he would still be steering the DC ship. Guy got banished to the phantom zone and is stuck making Netflix originals.:roflmao:

Also an unhealthy mindset would be you posting here everyday for hours on end about movie financials and Hollywood gossip. Truly bizarre stuff. 

:roflmao:

Read your own posts, and how much pleasure you are taking in bashing someone you don't even know. Like he stole your pet dog.

But hey. You attempted to put me down for keeping a steady stream of discussion material to talk about what should be normal topics. But I'm the unhealthy one while you laugh about someone assumed banishment.

Yeah. Your mental state is good.

:shiftyeyes:

Edited by Bosco685

On 3/9/2022 at 2:57 PM, darkstar said:

WB scrapped everything Snyder started. That has everything to do with Snyder. His movies underperformed over and over and over again and he got booted. There isn't anything else to say about it. If what he did was successful he would still be there and the actors in the roles in the movies he made would still be in those roles in ongoing projects with WB...and they aren't. 

Again you called the guy a visionary and haven't been able to make any case at all for him being one, you're just attempting to color his numerous past failures as achievements. 

That the DCEU is still going isn't evidence of anything that what Snyder put on the screen was good. Those are billion dollar IPs, Warner Bros will continue cranking them out in order to print money, regardless of how many attempts have stalled out. 

No, they haven't. No, it doesn't. No, they didn't. You really need to educate yourself on these subjects. Snyder left WB and you are objectively wrong. Get over it.

Except that I did. WB themselves started calling Snyder a visionary after 300. Again, you're wrong.

Sure it is. You claimed that his start to the DCEU was a "failure". You're wrong.

On 3/9/2022 at 3:46 PM, William-James88 said:

Man I forget how well Batman V Superman did at the box office. But then again, Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker both did incredibly well as did Transformers Dark of the Moon so a film's success has nothing to do with what I think of it :) 

It's true that box office numbers don't = "good". It's just good that we can debunk the talking point that, "the movies were not financially successful".

On 3/10/2022 at 10:37 AM, Bosco685 said:

Batman_BO220310.thumb.png.ee1e963f7d0060f08eeef322c2977988.png

I saw one article saying The Batman will gross over $1 billion.  Which I do not think it will happen.

I am more just talking out loud here, but comparing it to Spider-Man NWH which did $37 million on its first Monday, The Batman did $10 million.

I feel like this movie will struggle to get to $500-600 million.  Successful movie, but lower tier compared to the others Batman movies post Dark Knight.   What do you think?

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 3/10/2022 at 2:37 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I saw one article saying The Batman will gross over $1 billion.  Which I do not think it will happen.

I am more just talking out loud here, but comparing it to Spider-Man NWH which did $37 million on its first Monday, The Batman did $10 million.

I feel like this movie will struggle to get to $500-600 million.  Successful movie, but lower tier compared to the others Batman movies post Dark Knight.   What do you think?

I think you can't compare the two movies as they are in a different stage of their franchise lifecycle. Now as far as will The Batman struggle to break $600M?

In addition to a little while before it has a screen time challenger, there are also two key markets pending:

• 11 March 2022 - Japan    
  • 18 March 2022 - China

Batman_China.png.71f53de5d39eb2e7029f5b7db2949e0b.png

Batman_Japan.png.747b09d8feed09f2b2d3dfa4ef8ff800.png

China has had cultural concerns with Batman movies in the past. To include with The Dark Knight it blocked the release completely. So we will see how it moves forward. But when these regions do open up to Batman movies, they can deliver major contributions.

On 3/10/2022 at 12:30 PM, Bosco685 said:

I think you can't compare the two movies as they are in a different stage of their franchise lifecycle. Now as far as will The Batman struggle to break $600M?

In addition to a little while before it has a screen time challenger, there are also two key markets pending:

• 11 March 2022 - Japan    
  • 18 March 2022 - China

Batman_China.png.71f53de5d39eb2e7029f5b7db2949e0b.png

Batman_Japan.png.747b09d8feed09f2b2d3dfa4ef8ff800.png

China has had cultural concerns with Batman movies in the past. To include with The Dark Knight it blocked the release completely. So we will see how it moves forward. But when these regions do open up to Batman movies, they can deliver major contributions.

what do you think the movie will gross out in the end?

On 3/10/2022 at 4:37 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

what do you think the movie will gross out in the end?

I never try to predict a final gross. Anything can happen. I leave that to the forum experts. (:

But in looking to the pro sources, here is what Box Office Pro predicts in the short run.

Weekend Box Office Forecast: The Batman Heads Into Second Frame Unrivaled, Targeting a Top 5 All-Time March Holdover

Studios have frequently avoided the weekend after a major tentpole release in recent months, and that holds true in the wake of The Batman‘s second-best pandemic bow of $134 million.

Matt Reeves and Warner Bros.’ reboot of the DC Comics icon opened within expected thresholds last week and scored both the aforementioned pandemic era benchmark and the first $100 million-plus domestic opening by a non-Disney film since Universal’s Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom in June 2018 (excluding Sony and Spider-Man: No Way Home, of course, which was produced under Disney’s Marvel Studios banner).

The Batman is drawing a predominately adult male audience, and with strong word of mouth in the bank, its should be poised to stretch box office legs in the weeks to come.

Weekend Forecast Ranges

Second Weekend Range: $54 — 68 million

Weekend Forecast & Location Counts: Boxoffice projects between a 47 to 52 percent decrease for this weekend’s top ten films from last weekend’s $163.4 million top ten aggregate. 

Batman_Forecast.thumb.JPG.54939f1bf39827c5f25391c0c1acb752.JPG

So with this film estimated to exceed $200M by its second weekend the road ahead could be quite interesting. I think the professional analysts are going to focus on the second weekend to gauge the road ahead. Otherwise, it is just spitballing without a comfortable baseline.

I finally got to the theatre today and watched this film and I have to say I really enjoyed it it. The only weak spot was the final act which seemed kind of out of character to the preceding portions of the film. I absolutely loved that we finally had Batman as the Dark Knight Detective. The movie was predominantly him and Jim Gordon trying to figure out the Riddler. They retconned Catwoman's backstory, but more importantly her interaction with Batman was still great. Pattinson was absolutely fine as Bruce Wayne going into year 2 of "Project Batman". This was better than any run of the mill Marvel film.