• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

We’re still a little more than a year away from seeing Robert Pattinson protect Gotham from a number of villains in Matt Reeves’ The Batman, but it seems Bane, the man who broke the bat, might be heading to a future sequel.

Post-Joker
After the surprise success of Joaquin Phoenix’s award-winning Joker, Heroic Hollywood has exclusively learned that there was going to be an attempt to pitch a Bane stand-alone film to DC executives. In a similar way to the Todd Phillips film, it could have offered filmmakers the chance to explore the villain’s psyche with a character study, although hopefully with a little more brawling. Much like Joker avoided leaning on the Cape and Cowl too much, it’s probable that Bane’s solo film wouldn’t feature the iconic hero. However, a potential pitch for the film would have loosely used an iconic story from the comics to introduce Bane to the DC Universe.

A New Bane
A great example of how Bane could be portrayed in a future sequel is in Arkham Origins. The game sees the villain already out of Santa Prisca and searching for a way to cure his Venom addiction while also pursuing Batman to vanquish the Bat figure from his nightmares. He even deduced Bruce’s identity before using a new batch of Venom called TN-1, which could be used without a storage tank. It proves to be a crucial mistake, as the new serum caused severe memory loss and Bane quickly forgot Batman’s true identity. The Arkham series proved there’s plenty of interesting ways to develop these characters in new fascinating ways… Let’s hope Bane returns if that elusive Arkham Knight sequel ever materializes!

Warner Bros. is delaying Matt Reeves' highly anticipated Batman movie by four months as the studio shuffles its broader DC film lineup. The Batman was originally supposed to hit theaters on June 25th, 2021, but it will now open on October 1st, 2021, according to Deadline.

Are they biting off more than they can chew?

This cast is stellar in my opinion.  The more I see stuff that Pattinson has done the more I believe he may be an excellent Batman.  Wright as Gordon is on point as is Serkis as Alfred.  Colin Farrell is underrated and so long as he is not made to camp it up, could be an excellent Penguin.  The concern I have is that aside from the Penguin, there is Catwoman with Kravitz, The Riddler, Carmine Falcone and possibly more since two roles were cast but not disclosed.   I mean any time you get John Turturro in your movie you sign him.    Reeves?  Reeves has the resume to do this film and based on his writing credits alone should indicate the faith I have in him to helm this Batman movie... 

But is it too busy? I know it is not supposed to be an origin story but it is still an introduction to Reeve's Batman.  I really fear a Schumacher type situation where there is so much going on that nothing much gets done. 

2 minutes ago, Grails said:

This looks fantastic. I hope we get the worlds greatest detective in this one.

Reeves said this is a Year Two Batman. So at this stage he is going to be very rough, making mistakes, but working quickly to become the hero we know.