• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,137 posts in this topic

Our Army at War #197 9.0+ with white pages, and cover. I have had a VERY hard time finding a nice copy of this book.

4d3c3c3e.jpg

Our Army at War #214 9.2/9.4 - I don't mind light date stamps. Great copy.

605e45e9.jpg

Our Army at War #264 9.2 White pages.

f5c0d8e1.jpg

Were those from tybeansty?
Superworld per the "This week in your collection" thread.

I just thought the planets might have aligned and one of his lots was decent for once.

This time, yes. I talked to Ted after my last return and he said that they were trying to grade more in line with cgc rather than the 80's grading standards. The 147 was listed as nm- and I think that's accurate and the 148 was listed as nm and I definately think that ones a 9.4. So I'm happy this time. It was part of a huge new collection. gossip.gif And he still has quite a few left. I do not, however order anything below what he lists as NM- because his vf/nm have been 8.5's in my experience.

I ordered some and put some bids on some others. I had banned myself from bidding on/purchasing their stuff after past experiences. But after your ringing endorsement, I will give them another shot. You are hereby responsible for the results. sumo.gif

Some of my Rosa winnings from CLINK. I re-scanned them instead of using the CLINK images.

Brave & the Bold #124: I love this cover. It took me forever to find a NM copy of this book and I have looked at conventions, online, stores, etc.,. Bought a CGC 8.0 that looks perfect on the front cover but has many crescent shaped production tears on the back cover. This Rosa 9.6 copy looks great.

1154993-BB124.jpg

1154993-BB124.jpg.8bd96916898af395b8c1f991fc2d59ab.jpg

Edited by Weird

OFF #133: I think this cover may be my favorite Losers cover. Love the pruple, the red, the snakes, and the collective "HOGWASH!" 9.0 OW-W for $22. Can't go wrong with that.

1155002-OFF133.jpg

1155002-OFF133.jpg.31387839ae9fb059b3850dfb8e78a422.jpg

Edited by Weird

And besides the Rosa stuff, I also got back some slabs from CGC this week. And for those keeping track of how dealers do vs. CGC standards, I submitted 3 Oakland SSWS that were Metropolis NM (I am hoping there will be a SSWS registry in the future or I would have left them raw). Two were directly from Metro (152, 162) and one from board member tkg2627 (156).

1155010-SSWS152.jpg

1155012-SSWS156.jpg

1155014-SSWS162.jpg

OAAW #236: Great charcoal-effect on this cover and I love the light source coming from the grave. It's a 9.2 OW-W.

1155000-OAAW236.jpg

Has to be one of the bests of the run. Great Norseman(?). And is that a hooded figure? cloud9.gif

Killer books. 9.0 or better on those is excellent, as they are very, very, very hard to find anywhere above 8.0.

I missed all those Comiclink Rosas. I really wanted the G.I. Combat #146 (I have since secured another). Weird, did you also get that one?

Shep

Edited by bigfiver69