• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

Great OFF #123, Greggy. That's pretty much the nicest copy I've seen.... pedigree?

There was a 9.4 #124 (also a very tough book in grade) on the Clink recently, but the wrap was terrible. All those books from #123 to #129 are tough in grade.

Shep

Great OFF #123, Greggy. That's pretty much the nicest copy I've seen.... pedigree?

There was a 9.4 #124 (also a very tough book in grade) on the Clink recently, but the wrap was terrible. All those books from #123 to #129 are tough in grade.

Shep

No, it isn't a pedigree. Unfortunately, there is some BC upper edge wear. I was considering buying the 124 and cracking it out to put in my raw collection but like you said, the wrap wasn't pretty. crazy.gif

Shep

I have the Northland Copy of 123 plus a near complete run of Oaklands from 114 - 137. Very nice to see a high grade run of those together. The gloss and cover inks are amazing. See my sig line for the issues that I'm missing. If anyone stumbles across any of those, please PM me! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

You can never go wrong with those books.

So... where's the fountain of comics, 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmmmmm?

gossip.gif It helps that I don't really have much competition for these books. Plus, I don't hum and haw when I see nice books. They usually leave with me. confused-smiley-013.gif

Too bad the latest focussed auction is so thin on war books.

Maybe some more books will be added soon.

Great books!

Shep

Thanks Shep. Yeah, I noticed not many war books in the auction. Bummer. On the bright side, it seems that more and more are surfacing every day.

John

I received the Mile High newsletter today with 50% off codeword. So I figured I would give them another shot after 2 years of not ordering. Maybe I'll get lucky and these will come back in NM- or better. I know.....I thought I would give it a shot anyway.

If they don't I'll just send them back for a refund. I'll post the results when they arrive- That is if they are still in stock!

Here's what I ordered...

GI COMBAT #126 NearMint

GI COMBAT #128 NearMint

STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES #141 NearMint

These aren't War books but I'll share them anyway. Nice prices I thought.

LOIS LANE #84 CGC 9.2 Dallas Stephens $55.00

TOMAHAWK (1950) #108 CGC 9.4 Dallas Stephens $57.50

I received the Mile High newsletter today with 50% off codeword. So I figured I would give them another shot after 2 years of not ordering. Maybe I'll get lucky and these will come back in NM- or better. I know.....I thought I would give it a shot anyway.

If they don't I'll just send them back for a refund. I'll post the results when they arrive- That is if they are still in stock!

Here's what I ordered...

GI COMBAT #126 NearMint

GI COMBAT #128 NearMint

STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES #141 NearMint

These aren't War books but I'll share them anyway. Nice prices I thought.

LOIS LANE #84 CGC 9.2 Dallas Stephens $55.00

TOMAHAWK (1950) #108 CGC 9.4 Dallas Stephens $57.50

Let us know how they come out. If they have improved, that would be great, because they often have a great selection.

Shep

You would have been better off just giving the money to me or another charity of your choice. confused-smiley-013.gif

I've received 2 or 3 CGC 9.4 books from NM books purchased from Lonestar...Haven't had the same luck from Mile High (I don't even bother to submit any of those). They even state that a NM for them starts at around 8.5--and consider yourself lucky.