• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

Haven't posted here in a long time. Picked this up at the SDCC. This one's been tougher to get than surrounding issues for some reason.

ssws168.jpg

One of my faves, Mick! I really like that run written/edited by Archie Goodwin and drawn by Jack Sparling... underrated imho. And that issue there has just a fantastic Unknown Soldier story.

Sure would love to have the OA for that cover hanging on my wall!

Shep

This thread needs a bump. :grin:

The P-51, no finer combat figther plane in WWII, IMHO.

I found this book in a box of misc books at a LCs not too long ago. Looking at the title, I had to chuckle/wonder if they were trying to borrow from DC's "Our Fighting Forces". A check just inside the cover shows the actual title is "Attack", however.

#4 March 1972 - Inks by A. Martinez (Martinez did both the cover and story art)

ATTCK_4.jpg

You know, Charltons from the 1968-1984 era don't get enough credit. Sure there was lots of dreck, but there DC war books hit some lows in the late 70s/early 80s too.

Perhaps these books deserve some respect and re-consideration?

I got a large collection of these in VFish shape a couple of years back - about 200 books. Some of the covers are just fantastic. To wit...

fa86.jpg

fa87.jpg

fa88.jpg

fa89.jpg

fa90.jpg

fa91.jpg

You know, Charltons from the 1968-1984 era don't get enough credit. Sure there was lots of dreck, but there DC war books hit some lows in the late 70s/early 80s too.

Perhaps these books deserve some respect and re-consideration?

I got a large collection of these in VFish shape a couple of years back - about 200 books. Some of the covers are just fantastic. To wit...

fa86.jpg

fa87.jpg

fa88.jpg

fa89.jpg

fa90.jpg

fa91.jpg

Love em! :luhv:

Very nice Shep. Sadly, the non Glanzman stuff is mediocre at best.

A lot of it is dreck, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Pat Boyette's work. There also are several excellent artists (Italian? Filipino? Spanish?) who did some very nice artwork. Ditko is in there too, plus some pretty on-form Don Sutton and Don Perlin throughout the runs.

Shep

In that case, here are a few more!

I'm going to try and finish scanning the collection this weekend... all together, they're pretty impressive..

fa77.jpg

f83.jpg

FA84.jpg

FA85.jpg

It is amazing how much Charlton was able to improve overall on it's covers from the mid S.A. to the B.A. (thumbs u