• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

Hey gents and Fay,

This was just posted over in CG. Anyone know if the story mentioned was ever finished?

DC Special Series 13 features a Sgt. Rock story where Easy Co. is going up againt some kind of super German Panzer tank.

Kanigher builds up how powerful the Panzer is, and Easy Co. scrambles to figure out a way to beat it and then...the story ends.

IIRC there's no big battle, just a "To Be Continued..." which, as far as I know, was never finished. Maybe in an issue of Sgt. Rock?

Hey gents and Fay,

This was just posted over in CG. Anyone know if the story mentioned was ever finished?

DC Special Series 13 features a Sgt. Rock story where Easy Co. is going up againt some kind of super German Panzer tank.

Kanigher builds up how powerful the Panzer is, and Easy Co. scrambles to figure out a way to beat it and then...the story ends.

IIRC there's no big battle, just a "To Be Continued..." which, as far as I know, was never finished. Maybe in an issue of Sgt. Rock?

Sorry Jeff, I don't recall ever reading the end of that story and I've read most

of my Sgt Rock issues. I'm still looking for a VF/NM copy of that DC Special

Series # 13 and I love that cover.

A few recent purchases and how can you pass up these books for two for 15.00

on the SSWS issues and 15.00 for a VF/NM copy of OAAW 199 from my favorite

e-bay seller.

SSWS15785.jpg

SSWS15690.jpg

OAAW19990.jpg

Another package showed up with some sweet SA DC War and these BA Beauties!

OFF12990.jpg

SSWS5090.jpg

My BA GIC run is looking pretty good these days.

GIC17385.jpg

GIC16694.jpg

GIC15085.jpg

I'm trying to complete 1 to 30 on these great WWT books. :luhv:

WWT1075.jpg

Hey gents and Fay,

Sorry Jeff, I don't recall ever reading the end of that story and I've read most

of my Sgt Rock issues. I'm still looking for a VF/NM copy of that DC Special

Series # 13 and I love that cover.

Nice books Fay and thanks for the reply.

The "sticky" on this thread is the only thing keeping it from falling into the nether regions of the boards. :(

Wait i might know who your favorite ebay seller is, because that SSWS 157 looks like the one i was gonna bid on but got caught up in another auction that ended at the same time as that one.

Edited by DeadPoolJr.

Wait i might know who your favorite ebay seller is, because that SSWS 157 looks like the one i was gonna bid on but got caught up in another auction that ended at the same time as that one.

Sorry I'll never tell and I think many members have it figured out. :sorry:

The SSWS 156 & 157 were listed in one auction.

The day before he had a Beautiful SSWS 75 in VF- condition that my good

friend Mike stole out from under me for only 33.00. :( Actually Mike or

"Lizards2" was only paying attention and I thought all his auctions

were ending on the same day. :boo:

The seller is Keith Marlow and he's probably in the top ten Premiere DC War

collectors in the country, but that still doesn't give you his e-bay ID. hm

Hey gents and Fay,

Hey, Jeffro - thanks for posting this here.

I never did get around to reading those late BA Sgt. Rocks. Maybe some day. I suspect Shep could tell us, but I think he's taking a vacation from the boards for awhile, am I right?

I haven't collected BA war for a couple years, but when I did I was really into it. I managed to pick up OOAW 235-255, OFF 123-181, GIC 138-154, SSWS 151-204, Unknown Soldier 205-268, and a few other odds and ends.

Here's some of my key BA wars books...

It was thanks to these forums that I learned the importance of this first book. Hail to the King, baby!

OOAW196.jpg

I actually bought this one from Mile High...and it's not too shabby.

GIC138.jpg

OFF123.jpg

My favorite BA war character. The stories in SSWS just keep getting better and better. And here's his real first appearance! ;)

SSWS151.jpg

SSWS154.jpg

"Now--Exploding in His Own Battle Blockbuster Mag!"

US205.jpg

Here's some fun, goofy and weird stuff...

"Do not shoot, Hugo!"

Blitz1.jpg

One of my favorite Kubert covers.

WWT1.jpg

The Creature Commandos! A gritty, goofy, psychedelic nightmare from the feverish brain of...Robert Kanigher?!

WWT93.jpg

Marvel's attempt at weird war...this series is an incomprehensible mess, but it's a fun mess. A bunch of the issues were written by Chris Claremont!

WIS9.jpg

WIS10.jpg

WIS11.jpg

WIS12.jpg

WIS13.jpg

WIS14.jpg

And the final issue. I love this cover!

WIS15.jpg

Edited by MisterX

Hey gents and Fay,

Hey, Jeffro - thanks for posting this here.

No problem. No one seems to know the answer though. :(

Awesome books and yes the Unknown Soldier is the greatest BA war hero and my all time favorite character- but SSWS 151 is his first solo appearance- the 1st appearance of the Soldier is Our Army at War 168.

Congrats on the books!

Respectfully,

John

Thanks, Fay and bronzejonny!

That's a pretty sweet OAAW 216 you got there!

And bronzejonny -- the Unknown Soldier's first app is SSWS 151! :sumo:

(At least, until I get my own copy of OAAW 168...)

I've been getting the war book itch again. I recently picked up Paratrooper's copy of the Chris Pedrin book and a GIC 103.

I've been thinking about going backwards into the SA/ and maybe picking up a few more early BA.

DC is putting out one of their B&W Showcase editions for Weird War Tales around December.

Does anyone know if the Losers Showcase reprints all the extra stuff, like the Toth stories? (I already have all the OFF floppies, but something like this might be nice to have anyway.)