• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

Picked up a really nice Weird War Tales #1 from Bunky Brian at SDCC.Owned one as a kid,and always wanted to get a copy back into my collection. :cloud9:

Give us a look then Dave, I love this book, I have only ever turned up 1 copy and thats in mid grade at best.

Picked up a really nice Weird War Tales #1 from Bunky Brian at SDCC.Owned one as a kid,and always wanted to get a copy back into my collection. :cloud9:

Give us a look then Dave, I love this book, I have only ever turned up 1 copy and thats in mid grade at best.

001.jpg

Not uber high grade,but nice.

001.jpg

Not uber high grade,but nice.

That looks really nice, are you going to have it slabbed. (worship)

The OCD in me now wants to see all the other books that it is leaning against in case you have one that I dont. :ohnoez:

The OCD in me now wants to see all the other books that it is leaning against in case you have one that I dont. :ohnoez:

That's for me to know...... :cloud9:

:pullhair::roflmao:

Let's just say, if there is a Silver through Modern key.I probably have it,with few exceptions. :foryou:

Let's just say, if there is a Silver through Modern key.I probably have it,with few exceptions. :foryou:

DC & Marvel ? :wishluck:

Yep!

Yep!

:foryou::acclaim:

Not exactly bronze age, but I put a group of books up for free in the Pay It Forward thread.

The idea is to post the :takeit: if you're interested, and then offer up something else for another person to take for free. You've got to pay for shipping.

I put up the last 10 G.I.Combat books. Not really a dream lottery prize lot but there were a couple of Don Rosa books included.

Have a look, anyway, guys. (thumbs u

Andy

Looking back at all the BA war stuff that Joe Kubert did, I often wonder if he was one of the reasons why Marvel couldn't compete with DC in the war genre?

Possibly. I think it's more plausible that they didn't choose to compete. DC had several long running titles with well established characters. Marvel had one such book, Sgt Fury. Yeah, they tired War is Hell but that didn't last very long.

Maybe they just accepted that DC pretty much did it better and didn't want to go there. All speculation of course.

Yeah, I guess you're right. But another thing occurred to me- since Marvel had "the upper hand" in the area of superheroes- just think how important the War books were for DC (even if the war genre was started to decline in the later BA). Moreover, since DC had a "monopoly" on war, just think how important Joe Kubert was to the company.