• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

We are now down to our top 15 Joe Kubert covers, in my Survivor Series. Please join in and vote for your least favorite 8 covers, and provide a little commentary on how you think things are going. (thumbs u

It's very difficult, especially at this point, but this is the excercise. Get to it. :shy:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6452589#Post6452589

Thanks!!

Andy

When DC changed SSWS to the Unknown Soldier and OAAW to Sgt. Rock, would it have been a better idea to start these books with number one issues instead of continuing the already existing ones?

Thanks,

John

For me, no. I just barely remember OAAW become Sgt. Rock, and even though I was only 7, I thought it was super cool that they 'gave' such a great title to such an amazing character.

Shep

Not to be too cynical, guys, but is there one?

I completed my runs years ago and so I haven't really been paying attention to prices/demand for BA war.

But it seems like there's only a handful of people chasing these books.

My wild guess would be maybe SSWS 151.

What else from that era could really be considered key?

GIC 138. SSWS 154. WWT 1 (cross-over appeal?).

I'll be interested to read the War Report in the upcoming OSPG.

It would probably be one of the keys. Perhaps one of the ones you mention. However, I don't get the feeling that there is a single red hot bronze book right now. :(

Possibly. It may be a good time to buy if there's an uptick on the horizon and you want to sell. However, who can predict that? If it's only for collecting, then anytime is a good time to buy.

High grade bronze war seems to be in a bit of a lull right now. I wish the asking prices on high grade DC bronze horror would drop more though.

When I started actively buying bronze comics, they weren't worth very much. Back in those days, it was a good time to buy as they were cheap and could go nowhere but up. These days however......?

I question the long term value of any comics beyond the mega keys. I'm thinking it might be better to buy some nice mid grade readers instead of investing in HG.

Then it might be a good time to buy?

What are you looking for, bronzejonny?

It seems like lately war collectors have been going after SA stuff -- the early/key Rock appearances, 1st Haunted tank, grey tones, and the Mme. Marie issues of SSWS.

(Although SA war seems slow now, too...)

I wonder if dealer's have lowered their prices on HG BA war. I'm not sure they have. You might do better at auction, exept on those outlier single-copy-graded issues.

I agree with Jeffro -- in hindsight, I probably would not go for HG BA runs at all -- maybe just the keys and let the rest be mid-grade readers.