• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

Slowly making progress on getting SSWS 151 and up in VF or better (hopefully, with most at VF/NM or above).

I had seen this one on Mile High for a while, but it looked like a bottom corner piece was loose in the slab so I never pulled the trigger. Took a chance and bought it and the corner looks like an odd production error instead of normal damage.

It is like a piece of the cover that is in addition to where the cover would normally end - like it wasn't a clean cut and this little bit is still hanging on. I dunno - doesn't bug me enough for me not to keep it. confused-smiley-013.gif

SSWS_157.jpg

Weird,

That's a killer-nice copy.... don't sweat the 'hanging chad'. Takes nothing away from the book.

Question - do you keep your CGC books slabbed, or do yo break them open? As for myself, when it's a book for my collection (ie never selling it as long as I live) I take it our of the case.

But I keep the cgc slip!

Shep

Weird,

That's a killer-nice copy.... don't sweat the 'hanging chad'. Takes nothing away from the book.

Question - do you keep your CGC books slabbed, or do yo break them open? As for myself, when it's a book for my collection (ie never selling it as long as I live) I take it our of the case.

But I keep the cgc slip!

Shep

Shep,

In the SSWS run (including a 144), I have 5 slabbed books so far. For storage and protection, I have left all of them in the slabs. I will probably break them out at some point and save the labels as you have done. My Oakland SSWS books look fine in mylar and the others would too.

I have been wondering lately if CGC will ever put up a SSWS 151 on up Registry set (or Bronze OAAW/Rock, GIC, OFF, or US - for that matter). Even though I am not into the Registry thing, that may prompt me to start slabbing my high grade/pedigree copies in the run. SSWS would probably be the only title I would do that with.