• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

Thanks Bonds,

Yeah, G.I. Combat from the bronze age is a real treat. It's been a while since I pulled a lot of those books from their cases, so seeing them again was a real treat.

I'll try and post more books again soon.

Shep

Greggy,

Lookin' good! That is a stellar run.

To all you guys out there who don't have all these books, take it from a guy who knows - putting together that run in nice grade is a monumental achievement. There are some very tough books in there (218, 256, 286) that very rarely come up in grade.

Greggy, how long did it take you? It took me almost seven years of steady upgrading. And are any of them pedigrees?

Sweetness!

Shep

Wow, you have the best looking War books that I have seen in a long time. Those would easily grade high.

Sweet collection. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Deathlok,

It's pure masochism, but collecting high grade DC War is just a great hobby, despite the frustrations.

I'll post more later tonight if I can.

Thanks for the kudos

Shep

hail.gif You have some sick books Greg. Do you continue with Sgt. Rock or do you end with OAAW and the title change? Or do you have a cutoff time for books?
I was going to continue onwards but at this point, I'm not pursuing the Sgt. Rock run.

Greggy,

Lookin' good! That is a stellar run.

To all you guys out there who don't have all these books, take it from a guy who knows - putting together that run in nice grade is a monumental achievement. There are some very tough books in there (218, 256, 286) that very rarely come up in grade.

Greggy, how long did it take you? It took me almost seven years of steady upgrading. And are any of them pedigrees?

Sweetness!

Shep

There are some Northland copies as well as some Don Rosa collection copies for the later numbers. I guess it took me around 4-5 years to get the bulk of the run. I only recently graded all my runs so I'll have to work on upgrades soon. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

DC Blue RIbbon Digest 21

digest21.jpg

I think it's this issue, but one of the digests has a Heath story with a 2 page spread of a Tiger tank that's one of the most impressive illustrations I've ever seen.

Are you talking about Easy's First Tiger" that first appeared in OAAW 244? Probably. IT ROCKS.

And happened to be the first Rock story I ever read--how lucky is that?

Is the cover to this digest an original or did it first appear in the 60s?

Marc

Hey guys,

I first saw that story in the Haunted Tank digest, and it is without question the finest art job of Russ Heath's career - bar none. It's probably my favorite Rock story.... and the cool thing is that Russ wrote it himself too.

The original art still belongs to Russ, I believe. When he sold all his O.A. to Heritage, this is one of the pieces he kept back. That's how I heard it anyway.

But yeah, that is one killer piece of art. If any of you guys are model builders, Russ used the box art of the Tamiya 1/35th scale Tiger 1 as his reference. If you compare the two, you can see the influence.

Shep