• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
17 17

2,251 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2018 at 8:53 AM, ygogolak said:

I've never seen someone go out of their way and waste so much time twisting things around to attempt to make a fictitious point. It's pretty amazing. What you are asking could never be proven because eBay would never admit to it publicly. Yet, they have their own definition and webpage for shill bidding.

This is silly, provocative nonsense, because you can't make a legitimate case. 

No one is "twisting" anything besides you. I made my point, and I supported it with evidence and reason. If you can't come up with a reasonable counterargument, WITHOUT resorting to the provocative language above, then you have no business posting in the first place.

Make. Good. Arguments.

Enough with the "shocked and mortified" type rejoinders that do nothing to present a reasonable counterargument, and are designed solely to inflame. Start being a scholar, rather than a bomb-thrower already.

On 7/20/2018 at 8:53 AM, ygogolak said:

Anyway, do this look legit to you? If it does, it furthers my case that you have no idea what shill bidding is.

1.jpg

As usual, you don't do the heavy lifting of research and presentation. You operate on assumptions that you claim are proven (like "eBay has proven shill bidding by removing that account"...you don't know that. It's a decent ASSUMPTION, but it's not PROOF), and then you become increasingly indignant when someone dares challenge you. This screenshot, I assume (because you don't identify it) is from one of the Spawn #185 listings. And the answer, of course, is no, it doesn't "look legit." It looks completely manipulated. But that doesn't change the fact that you STILL have to PROVE what you're claiming, and many of the "shill bidding" accusations thrown about are about as clear as Mississippi mud.

As far as "your case" that I have "no idea what shill bidding is"...again, provocative nonsense, especially after I was the one who made the VERY compelling case that it was, in fact, YOU who does not know what shilling actually is, identifying mere driven up bidding as "shill bidding." Don't just parrot back my claim against you.

And don't get angry because someone challenges you. Rise to the challenge, and PROVE me wrong. Save the hand-wringing indignation for the telenovelas.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

This is silly, provocative nonsense, because you can't make a legitimate case. 

No one is "twisting" anything besides you. I made my point, and I supported it with evidence and reason. If you can't come up with a reasonable counterargument, WITHOUT resorting to the provocative language above, then you have no business posting in the first place.

Make. Good. Arguments.

Enough with the "shocked and mortified" type rejoinders that do nothing to present a reasonable counterargument, and are designed solely to inflame. Start being a scholar, rather than a bomb-thrower already.

As usual, you don't do the heavy lifting of research and presentation. You operate on assumptions that you claim are proven (like "eBay has proven shill bidding by removing that account"...you don't know that. It's a decent ASSUMPTION, but it's not PROOF), and then you become increasingly indignant when someone dares challenge you. This screenshot, I assume (because you don't identify it) is from one of the Spawn #185 listings. And the answer, of course, is no, it doesn't "look legit." It looks completely manipulated. But that doesn't change the fact that you STILL have to PROVE what you're claiming, and many of the "shill bidding" accusations thrown about are about as clear as Mississippi mud.

As far as "your case" that I have "no idea what shill bidding is"...again, provocative nonsense, especially after I was the one who made the VERY compelling case that it was, in fact, YOU who does not know what shilling actually is, identifying mere driven up bidding as "shill bidding." Don't just parrot back my claim against you.

And don't get angry because someone challenges you. Rise to the challenge, and PROVE me wrong. Save the hand-wringing indignation for the telenovelas.

July 20...bro

6 hours ago, valiantman said:

Absolutely... did you realize the greatest investment for Wolverine in 2006 wouldn't have been the Nabisco variant or any high grade copies of Hulk #181?

The CGC board should be blown away by the fact that buying a stack of CGC 4.0 Hulk #181 would have been the absolute best profit today. lol

I think everyone will admit that is shocking. But, because it's Bronze it's not as surprising. A book that's 10 years old and more valuable than Hulk 181 is.

Edited by ygogolak

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

No worries. Plenty of time to pump and dump I saw though.

How thoughtful of you. I'm not sure what you're referring to "pumping" and/or "dumping."

Care to elaborate...? (I'm guessing the answer is "no.")

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:
3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

How thoughtful of you. I'm not sure what you're referring to "pumping" and/or "dumping."

Starts with Rob, ends in "in".

Interesting. And who are you suggesting has been "pumping" and/or "dumping" said "Robin"...?

12 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
12 hours ago, ygogolak said:
12 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Starts with Rob, ends in "in".

Interesting. And who are you suggesting has been "pumping" and/or "dumping" said "Robin"...?

:bump:

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

My observations have been documented, commented on, agreed and disagreed with. 

You're reason for bringing this up again and again?

I am not the reason for bringing anything up, no.

However, you still haven't answered the question: who do you think is "pumping and dumping" Robin, as you claimed....?

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I am not the reason for bringing anything up, no.

However, you still haven't answered the question: who do you think is "pumping and dumping" Robin, as you claimed....?

Trolling in multiple threads won't erase your comments.

Edited by ygogolak

7 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Trolling in multiple threads won't erase your comments.

Nobody's trolling you. And that statement makes no sense.

You made a claim, here:

On 8/16/2018 at 9:05 PM, ygogolak said:
On 8/16/2018 at 9:04 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Was at SDCC and didn't see it until now...bro

No worries. Plenty of time to pump and dump I saw though.

I asked you who you thought was "pumping and dumping", and what you thought they were "pumping and dumping."

The answer to the second was "Robin."

You have, heretofore, refused to answer the first.

It's fairly straightforward. If you're going to make an accusation, you ought to be prepared to back it up. Otherwise, you should keep it to yourself.

Pointing that out isn't "trolling." It's calling out a false accusation for what it is.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus